Hi all. i have my tour pre ordered and counting the days. My noob question is i currently have a 8130 and want to make sure that through the dm i can transfer contacts, calender, etc with out a prob. I know there is an icon for it in there, only never used. any advice would be appreciated. thanks
    07-05-09 10:42 PM
    make sure you run a full backup before hand of doing anything.. and make sure it completes..

if you don't have to many bbm contacts it may be a good idea to write them down just in case something go's sour

if your contacts and calendar synced to the computer this is will keep you with 2 backups of both if you run the full backup as mentioned.

other then that from my knowledge you just use the device switch wizard and boom your good to go
    07-05-09 11:07 PM
    will make sure i follow these steps. Thanks noaim
    07-05-09 11:46 PM
    everything that noaim said, plus go to this site -- > BlackBerry® Software Updates next Monday or Tuesday and get the OS loaded onto your pc.
    The switch device wizard works well, I would recommend 4.5 or 4.6 version of desktop manager too..
    07-06-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD