Recently upgraded (2) weeks ago from Curve 8330 to 9630. I have a few questions to ask. Why does it appear to me to attract more oil and smudges? Being accustomed to Curve, Is the design of the new keyboard a plus and why? Haven't had trackball issues yet. What's up with battery life? I can't make it thru a 8 hour shift without a charge. Can someone explain why a newer model phone seem less workable than an older model. Speed doesn't seem to be must faster. Looking forward to your responses!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 09:13 AM
    First, you have to realize the Tour was an upgrade to the 8830WE (instead of a Curve upgrade).

That being said, the keyboard is an upgrade to the 8830's similar keyboard. I find that even though I was used to the ridges of the 8830 keyboard, I was able to adapt quickly to the Tour's keyboard (which has smoother keys). It is definitely a different keyboard comapred to the Curve series (83xx, 89xx, and the new 85xx series). Some people prefer the Bold style keyboard (Bold, Tour, 8830...) and some people prefer the Curve keyboard - two different models/styles.

Coming from the 8830, the Tour is much faster. The 4.7 operating system is definitely a step up, and the browser seems to work better (I have yet to need Bolt for any sites like I did with my 8830).

I do agree, that it does seem to smudge much more (noicteably). The battery life is a lot shorter, as well. But I also know I use my BB a LOT more now. I can have more apps loadded into the larger amount of memory, so I use it a lot more.
    11-15-09 11:18 AM
    I have a Tour and I use it heavily throughout the day and have never had it die on me with this version of the os (.40). I did upgrade to .57 and battery life took a DIVE so I reverted back to .40. Signal could also be an issue, if your device is constantly searching for signal I believe that kills the battery more quickly.
    11-15-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD