My 2 yr date isnt until next June. By the time the Tour comes out, would I even be remotely close to getting any kind of deal on the phone, or would it have to be full retail?

If it is, I'm fine with waiting awhile, just wondering since the phone seems to be solid.

Thanks.
    06-27-09 01:16 PM
    Unfortunately since you are not eligible for an upgrade, you would have to pay full retail (anywhere from $500-$600). If you are on a family plan you should check out if any other lines are eligible, therefore you could buy it under their upgrade and just switch phones afterward (assuming they would let you take their upgrade lol).
    06-27-09 01:20 PM
    Nah, cant do that, since it's just me and one line.

It's crazy to think that I'd have to wait till 6/04/10 to get ANY discounts, but hey, what can ya do?
    06-27-09 01:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure you will get the discount before your contract is up. I think it's 20 months after you upgrade until your next upgrade comes, which means you could get your Tour as early as February/March.
    06-27-09 01:28 PM
    That's what I was thinking, but I just did the 'Chat Live' with someone on Verizon's site and they made me log in, check everything and it said next June, she said, "well, that's when you can recieve your discounts".

So who knows..lol.
    06-27-09 01:30 PM
    check your online account. most phone lines are eligible for discount pricing at 1 yr and NE2 credit at 2 yr.
    06-27-09 01:36 PM
    Have you signed up for "MY VERIZON"? that and other programs like the VIP program offer early upgrades after one year..
    06-27-09 01:36 PM
    Any cell company is gonna do that though. Phones are a subsidy, they need to make the money back for the phone via your monthly service charges...Think of what it would be like for cellular companies if they were discounting new phones every few months haha.

Look in to the MyVerizon thing though, VIP's get annual upgrades; less discount on phone, plus an early upgrade fee, but its better than nothing.
    06-27-09 01:37 PM
    check your online account. most phone lines are eligible for discount pricing at 1 yr and NE2 credit at 2 yr.
    Yea I did, it said this, "Eligible for New Every Two discount on 6/04/10. Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 6/04/10. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price.Your contract end date is 10/04/10 "

Ahhh well.
    06-27-09 01:38 PM
    Yeah sorry man but it looks like your just going to have to wait it out.
    06-27-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD