If the Tour is the Storm with a keyboard, why should it cost more money? The device's internals are supposedly the same, so there shouldn't be a price increase of more than $50.
    05-31-09 10:18 AM
    there is no enemies

but what Im telling you is that it most of what you said in actuality doesn't matter. this is why

verizon is cdma
    at&t is gsm

for cdma the tour sits in the exact same place as the bold. There isn't going to be a blackberry that is greater then the tour and = to the bold

the next device in this category for cdma will more then likely be better then the bold and the tour.

so Verizon being a seperate company is going to price it at the same place that the nearest phone in that category is and that would be the BOLD

there is no other phone on any other carrier that stands in line with the tour like the bold does..

The storm shouldn't come into the picture at all. Its already been shown that the tour is zippier then the storm and to top it off the storm was designed probably more so to hit a consumer market then a business market. Thats where the touch screen phone sits mostly consumer.

That being said the tour is going to be the highest grade blackberry that sits on a cmda network until something better is released which is where the bold sits

so why would they price it any differently?

in some ways the tour sits under the bold but in some ways the bold sits under the tour..

this can be argued either way

the bold has way less memory for applications then the tour

the tour has wi-fi

yes the bold has data + voice (this is a CDMA limitation you will not have any berry on verizon unless a wi-fi device is released that will do it together until LTE)

the tour has a bit smaller form factor some think the bold size is great some think its to big.

The bold multi processing is slightly faster but as stated the tour is a really fast device.

with the facts hand drawn out as a business verizon's only plus of selling it cheaper would be to gain more subscribers.. but the truth is they don't need to on this device because its so business orientated this phone would sell a crap ton at 299 and probably even at 350. Heck there is many people including myself who are going to pay full retail probably 600 bucks for this puppy.

I am not gunning your opinion as you are entitled to your opinion but I am basing this on true real to life scenarios verizon isn't going to look at this device and say ohh its not as good as the bold we better drop the price a little..

There going to say this phone is the ultimate verizon blackberry and sell it as it.
    I still disagree with you. I simply do not agree that you look at a given carrier's phones in a vacuum. You look at RIM's whole lineup, not Verizon's. The bottom line is, the BOLD is RIM's flagship device. That in my mind does not change with the release of the Tour. The BOLD will STILL be RIM's flagship device. Just because the Tour is the "best Verizon has" does not mean it is "equal to the Bold." The Curve 8900 is the best that TMo has, so does that mean that TMo can call it the "TMo Bold" and charge $300 for it? No. Ultimately, the Tour is NOT Bold-level hardware. The expensive components in these phone is not flash memory, its CPU and radios, and the BOLD has more of both. Tour isn't even close to the same form factor or design style. It is NOT the same phone. And I'd bet it'll be cheaper.

If I had to guess I'd say $299 with $100 mail-in, or $250 with $50 mail in. MAYBE $300 with $50 mail-in when its first released.
    05-31-09 11:17 AM
    I wish Verizon would get the Bold...
    05-31-09 12:41 PM
    I think it's going to be $299.99 before MIR. That's the most plausible. It's $50 more than what the Storm first sold at. Also it won't get a price drop anytime soon. The Storm hasn't either; it may be only $199.99 right now but it also doesn't have a rebate anymore. So if the Tour were to drop in price it'll be to $249.99 but no rebate.

That's my .02
    05-31-09 01:42 PM
    I still disagree with you. I simply do not agree that you look at a given carrier's phones in a vacuum. You look at RIM's whole lineup, not Verizon's. The bottom line is, the BOLD is RIM's flagship device. That in my mind does not change with the release of the Tour. The BOLD will STILL be RIM's flagship device. Just because the Tour is the "best Verizon has" does not mean it is "equal to the Bold." The Curve 8900 is the best that TMo has, so does that mean that TMo can call it the "TMo Bold" and charge $300 for it? No. Ultimately, the Tour is NOT Bold-level hardware. The expensive components in these phone is not flash memory, its CPU and radios, and the BOLD has more of both. Tour isn't even close to the same form factor or design style. It is NOT the same phone. And I'd bet it'll be cheaper.

If I had to guess I'd say $299 with $100 mail-in, or $250 with $50 mail in. MAYBE $300 with $50 mail-in when its first released.

well dissagree with cx then he works for rim I believe

no biggy to me..

this is rims cdma flagship device whether you agree or not..

the bold is not coming to verizon the tour is, the bold is not coming to sprint the tour is..

so with that being said a flagship device is going to carry a flagship price (in cx's words)

it sits at the same selling point no matter which way you flip the script..

on cdma carriers this sits in the same class as the bold does on at&T or gsm carriers..

time to think logical.
    05-31-09 05:52 PM
    well dissagree with cx then he works for rim I believe

no biggy to me..

this is rims cdma flagship device whether you agree or not..

the bold is not coming to verizon the tour is, the bold is not coming to sprint the tour is..

so with that being said a flagship device is going to carry a flagship price (in cx's words)

it sits at the same selling point no matter which way you flip the script..

on cdma carriers this sits in the same class as the bold does on at&T or gsm carriers..

time to think logical.
    I hear you - and in the end it doesn't matter. We'll all know soon enough! No sweat to me haha, there are other options for me if its that expensive. Amusingly enough, I'd actually PREFER an 8900 to a Tour - I just want something on Verizon =P.
    05-31-09 07:21 PM
    I hear you - and in the end it doesn't matter. We'll all know soon enough! No sweat to me haha, there are other options for me if its that expensive. Amusingly enough, I'd actually PREFER an 8900 to a Tour - I just want something on Verizon =P.
    eh its all good my man. I really have nothing against you or anything like that. I just sometimes get strong on my opinion. You wont hear a told you so even if I am correct. No harm done. Truthfully I just want the dang phone! haha
    05-31-09 07:37 PM
    the tour has wi-fi
    so the tour has wifi now
    06-01-09 12:53 AM
    so the tour has wifi now? Ohh yes I forgot that they added it in last week.

i have no clue where I typed that hahah but I have a feeling you do!
    06-01-09 02:38 AM
    Lol it was in the first huge post you put. Lol I read it and was like wtf? And wait does it have wifi or not??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 02:44 AM
    Lol it was in the first huge post you put. Lol I read it and was like wtf? And wait does it have wifi or not??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

yupz I definetly did type that ahah

ahh well. I was typing quick I fixed the post it meant to say "Bold"
    instead of Tour
    06-01-09 03:11 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD