Hello. I am sorry to ask this question but am looking for some help. I so bad want to upgrade my Sprint Tour to the newest and best OS available. I have the standard "official" Sprint Tour version. The problem is I have searched forum, after forum, after forum and keep getting different instructions on how to do this. One site gives a procedure, another site (bbhybrids) to get .238 newest says must install stock OS version first before installing .238.
    I have no freaking clue how to go about this with a detailed step-by-step guide (that is consistent). One forum says to completely wipe device with a BBSAK or something program, another says you don't have too.
    I'm so confused. For a dummy like me, can someone please give me some step by step "easy to understand" guide to get to .238 (which I think is the newest and best). Thanks
    10-02-09 10:06 AM
    Try this link for the .230 OS the .238 is a hybrid but can be hard to install. The .230 is what it is based on and this is a good OS system.
    To install :
    1) On your pc go to Control panel/Uninstall programs
    2) Delete any Blackberry Software except Desktop Manager and Media Sync.
    3) On your PC go to Computer/Programs/Common Files/Research In Motion
    4) Go to Share file/Loader and delete file in there.
    5) Go to App Loader file and scroll down and delete vendor.xml file
    6) Next delete Rim Internal Tools file
    7) Back out of there and go to your Recycle Bin and empty it.
    8) Now download and install .230 on your PC
    9) When that is done click on the .230 Install icon and follow the on screen prompts.
    Don't forget to remove you micro SD card before you start instal so it doesn't get damaged.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    10-02-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD