Ok well, since all the coolest and newst BB's are NOT with Verizon my choices are limited. Should I go with the BB BOLD 9650 or the Droid 2?? Honestly, I would LOVE the tourch but nooo f course its with AT&T. WHAT would my best option be? I have the tour right now, its held up a good yr lol just time for a upgrade
    11-19-10 01:11 PM
    Probably the best bet right now would be the Bold 9670. But you might want to wait until after the new year to see if there are any new offerings by VZW.
    11-19-10 01:16 PM
    true i love the thought of the droid 2 but my BB is the only phone ive had for this long proble free, no track ball probles or anything and i would rather have quality then all the flashy flash of the droid world
    11-19-10 01:24 PM
    Personally I love my droid x...I had a blackberry for two years and then decided it wasn't for me anymore. I'd rather watch videos, play games, check my email and a lot of other cool things my droid can do that my blackberry couldn't.
    11-19-10 01:28 PM
    Personally I love my droid x...I had a blackberry for two years and then decided it wasn't for me anymore. I'd rather watch videos, play games, check my email and a lot of other cool things my droid can do that my blackberry couldn't.
    haha...gotta love those blackberrys that cant check email
    11-19-10 01:58 PM
    haha...gotta love those blackberrys that cant check email
    Okay I should have worded that a little differently. I like checking and using my email from my droid x over my blackberry. Now when it comes to playing cool games and the internet it completely blows the bb out of the water.
    11-19-10 02:14 PM
    I would wait for the new year as well, if its not acting up hold out, you won't regret waiting but you may regret jumping on "old" hardware

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 08:32 PM
    Ok well, since all the coolest and newst BB's are NOT with Verizon my choices are limited. Should I go with the BB BOLD 9650 or the Droid 2?? Honestly, I would LOVE the tourch but nooo f course its with AT&T. WHAT would my best option be? I have the tour right now, its held up a good yr lol just time for a upgrade
    You and I are in the same boat. I am just out of contract and there are some really good black friday deals, I can get a free upgrade on any phone with a new contract. My tour has been completely trouble free, and the bold 9650 feels like a quality piece, but it is unknown how os6 will be on it. Of course the android phones are more and more amazing. My providers best offering for droids is the HTC Desire, great phone. So do I go with BB reliability and a phone that works or a droid fun machine that is also a phone. It is a tough decision.

11-20-10 12:17 AM
    I would wait for the new year as well, if its not acting up hold out, you won't regret waiting but you may regret jumping on "old" hardware

I dont think the 9650 is "old" hardware. However, it seems the OP is uncertain on what you want, all I can say is, if you dont feel you need/use the things which Blackberry's have, you may want to try a Droid. I think most people on here (myself included) would never look at any other phone than a Blackberry, so you may get very biased answers!

Go with whichever you feel best suits your needs!
    11-20-10 01:41 AM
    It does all depend on your needs. If you want a toy, go Droid, if you want functionality and reliability, BlackBerry cannot be beat. A friend of mine has an Incredible and another has a Droid X. I have spent time on both devices and I can tell you this, they are flashy and web is better. The benefits end there. BlackBerry can do everything Droid can and then some, it just may not be as "pretty". Android market has more apps, but most of them are not very useful. I use exchange for my e-mail and my e-mails get pushed flawlessly and quickly to my Tour. I set up my email on my friends Incredible and it was not so good. The emails that did get pushed to the phone took forever. Not efficient if emailing back and forth with a client or professional contact. My friends tell me that their Droids can do everything my BB does, and they are right, but not nearly as quickly or efficiently. I can bang out a 2 or 3 page paper on my phone for a class and email it with no problems. Its not as easy on the Droids. Copy and Paste is another big deal. It is so easy on my phone its not even funny. I use things like that everyday! The BB OS is very user friendly secure, stable, and easy to use. It just makes sense. So what I am saying is if you don't use your phone for school or business, explore Droid. If you use your phone for professional or school purposes, you definitely wanna stay with BlackBerry. P.S. I have also had my Tour for a year and I have had no problems either. I feel they get bad raps. Mine has been the most reliable and easy to use phone I have ever had.
    11-21-10 09:51 AM
    The toy/serious phone argument is simply foolish these days. Every time I hear it, it just sounds like some lame excuse by someone to justify their choice of device to him/herself or others. I mean I hammer out full length emails and other such things on my D2 in roughly the same time as it took on my BB. Of course BB users won't be able to jump in and hit the ground running, but things like copy/paste are simple and quick once you're used to what you're doing.

I have a Droid 2 and it does everything my Tour could do and has a handy touch screen, the ability to browse/search my (Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail at least) email folders/archives natively (something BIS users can only dream about), and never need battery pulls/long reboots. BB users should keep that in mind when spouting off about reliability, since how reliable can a phone be if it needs to be rebooted every few days?

Android OS definitely is not for everyone though, so spend a ton of time in a corporate store for your carrier (because they should have activated phones) and spend a few hours playing with both devices to get a feel for them.

Personally, I will not be going back to BB until they make some major changes to BIS including but not limited to: no more truncated email and allow for users to browse/search their folders and archived email, improve the hardware significantly and dramatically reduce the la and the frequent hourglass issues, which it sounds like Bold has less of than Tour, but Bold still does share the same crappy radio/antenna judging by folks having signal strength issues with that also.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 11-21-10 at 10:51 AM.
    11-21-10 10:41 AM
    Can't go wrong with the Blackberry. Stable and dependable.
    11-23-10 05:17 PM
    I'm going through exactly the same thing! I can upgrade my phone on Wednesday and had been debating a new blackberry or an android. One of the things I did to further my research was to pay attention to what types of phones my friends were using on a girls weekend, how they were being used and comparing that to what I know I need my phone to be able to do. I had two friends with iphones, two androids and one other blackberry (besides myself). Crazy how it worked out that way. I blogged about my experiences (I don't know the address off hand since I am NOT a professional and I don't think anyone read it but you can find it through my twitter feed @carolynnicole but again I am NOT a professional). In the end, I think I'm getting the Bold. I have one more weekend experiment Dec. 1-3rd where I'm going on a work related trip with a Samsung Transform owner, and I'll write about that too, but I fully expect to be at Sprint next weekend picking up a Bold.

11-26-10 09:27 AM
    The toy/serious phone argument is simply foolish these days. Every time I hear it, it just sounds like some lame excuse by someone to justify their choice of device to him/herself or others. I mean I hammer out full length emails and other such things on my D2 in roughly the same time as it took on my BB. Of course BB users won't be able to jump in and hit the ground running, but things like copy/paste are simple and quick once you're used to what you're doing.

I have a Droid 2 and it does everything my Tour could do and has a handy touch screen, the ability to browse/search my (Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail at least) email folders/archives natively (something BIS users can only dream about), and never need battery pulls/long reboots. BB users should keep that in mind when spouting off about reliability, since how reliable can a phone be if it needs to be rebooted every few days?

Android OS definitely is not for everyone though, so spend a ton of time in a corporate store for your carrier (because they should have activated phones) and spend a few hours playing with both devices to get a feel for them.

Personally, I will not be going back to BB until they make some major changes to BIS including but not limited to: no more truncated email and allow for users to browse/search their folders and archived email, improve the hardware significantly and dramatically reduce the la and the frequent hourglass issues, which it sounds like Bold has less of than Tour, but Bold still does share the same crappy radio/antenna judging by folks having signal strength issues with that also.
    AMEN!! Blackberry's are nice devices, but has more than it's share of issues as well. The biggest argument I see from BB users about Android is the email.... if you cant/wont wait for the automated time it's quite easy to use the refresh option and if you have any new emails they will be there and to be honest a very large majority of BB users are no longer people that have any need to email clients anyway. I made the switch to Android from being a BB user for years and I have never been happier, I no longer have to pull the battery, if I NEED to use gps or look up something online I don't have to strain my eyes to see on the tiny screen and when I WANT to use the internet I can do so with ease and don't have to wait forever for sites to come up or worry about them freezing my phone. It's a personal choice, BB still holds a place in my heart lol but there would have to be a lot of changes before I would go back to them. I hope you enjoy whatever phone you choose
    11-27-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD