I just got my first Blackberry (Tour) last week and love it so far. I saw the option to update to version 5.0.1 from the 4.7 it came with. I'm new to all this so do I really need this update? I'd hate to fix something that I don't think is broken. Thanks in advance.
    11-04-09 02:38 AM
    Is it the Desktop Manager 5.0.1 release or 5.0 OS update? The 5.0 OS is not official yet for the Tour. There is a hybrid one. However you can download Desktop Manager 5.0.1 for your computer on the Blackberry site.

Along w/you, I am fine with the 4.7 it came with! I live by the motto "if it's not broken, don't fix it!"
    11-04-09 02:56 AM
    5.0.1 is a update for blackberry desktop manager. that is the software that you use on your computer to back-up and update your phone. So anytime you open that software on your computer to use it you should always make sure it is up to date. If your phone is working fine then you definately don't need to do any updates to it.
    11-04-09 02:59 AM
    I would go further as say you don't necessarily need the DM 5.0.1 upgrade either. I'm still using DM 4.6. It does everything I need.
    11-04-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD