I've updated my phone before and nothing like this has ever happened. I updated my phone via Desktop Manager (Apple) and I tried everything to restore my phone but nothing worked. What can I do to restore how it was prior to the update? What can I do to get my contacts back!?

I also don't have my e-mail icon at my home screen. How do I get that back? My contacts from my BBM were wiped also. I remember backing up my contacts but when I went to "options," "restore a previously saved copy of your contact list" and clicked "restore," "restore using email," it says, "you do not have any email services configured. Configure at least one email address on this device and try again."

I also don't have "notes" in my "applications" folder. How do I get that back?

Also, my default games in my "games" folder are all gone. WTF happened. Somebody please help me.
    06-15-10 01:05 AM
    im sorry, i cant help. im sorry this happened to you. when i upgraded i used the apploader but i do a backup via desktop manager first.
    06-15-10 01:44 AM
    Why did this have to happen?
    06-15-10 02:37 AM
    1. Did you do a full backup BEFORE you did the update? If not, it is ALWAYS advisable to do a manual backup before performing ANY major update on the device.
    2. What steps did you follow in doing the update?
    3. Have looked for the LoaderBackup(date).ipd file on your computer?
    4. If so, have you tried restoring the data using this file?
    5. Have you re-registered your Host Routing Table?
    6. Have you re-sent your Service Books?
    7. Did you select "Notes" when you loaded the OS?
    06-15-10 05:32 AM
    I can shed a little light with you my man as I use a MacBook pro for my life, including bb backups. When you update, it should make a back up of your phone. Its happened to me too. So just make sure you make an extra back up, put it on the desktop and use it as your CYA. Also, vie seen my phone need to be wiped before an update when using a Mac.
    06-15-10 07:47 AM
    1. Did you do a full backup BEFORE you did the update? If not, it is ALWAYS advisable to do a manual backup before performing ANY major update on the device.
    2. What steps did you follow in doing the update?
    3. Have looked for the LoaderBackup(date).ipd file on your computer?
    4. If so, have you tried restoring the data using this file?
    5. Have you re-registered your Host Routing Table?
    6. Have you re-sent your Service Books?
    7. Did you select "Notes" when you loaded the OS?
    I did not do a full backup before the update.

2. I can't recall all the steps for the update but I remember following it thoroughly.
    3/4. I have not looked for the LoaderBackup(date).ipd file on my computer. What will this file do for me?
    5/6. Am I supposed to re-register my Host Routing Table and resend my Service Books.
    7. I remember selecting everything.

At this point, I just want to start over. How do I go back to the settings on how it was before when I bought my phone 5 months ago?

Is there any way to get my contacts back by contacting Verizon or Blackberry?
    06-15-10 12:30 PM
    I can shed a little light with you my man as I use a MacBook pro for my life, including bb backups. When you update, it should make a back up of your phone. Its happened to me too. So just make sure you make an extra back up, put it on the desktop and use it as your CYA. Also, vie seen my phone need to be wiped before an update when using a Mac.
    Thanks. What do you mean by "put it on the desktop and use it as your CYA?"
    06-15-10 12:33 PM

2. I can't recall all the steps for the update but I remember following it thoroughly.
    3/4. I have not looked for the LoaderBackup(date).ipd file on my computer. What will this file do for me?
    5/6. Am I supposed to re-register my Host Routing Table and resend my Service Books.

At this point, I just want to start over. How do I go back to the settings on how it was before when I bought my phone 5 months ago?

If you didn't make a back up, your contacts and information is lost. You need to make one every time you do something to your BB, and you should really do it once a week, religiously.
    06-15-10 01:51 PM

1. ALWAYS do a manual backup before performing any major operation on the device. Also, you really should be doing REGULAR backups of the data on the device if the data is important to you.

2. Ok. It's important to understand what you are doing to the device and not blindly just following the prompts.

3/4. The LoaderBackup(date).ipd file is the automatic backup that is created (on the Windows version of Desktop Manager - not sure about the Mac version) when you install a new OS. You would use this file with the RESTORE function of Desktop Manager to restore the data to the device (if the file is there).

5/6. Yes and yes. Always. This is what restores your data and email connections.

7. Ok. But it doesn't sound like it if you are missing core applications. Or was this "Notes" a third party application. If so, you should have backed them up separately.
    No. Not if you didn't back them up in some way. Verizon would not have them and RIM (not BlackBerry) absolutely would not have them.
    06-15-10 05:41 PM
    If you didn't make a back up, your contacts and information is lost. You need to make one every time you do something to your BB, and you should really do it once a week, religiously.
    Thank you.
    06-16-10 12:37 AM
    1. ALWAYS do a manual backup before performing any major operation on the device. Also, you really should be doing REGULAR backups of the data on the device if the data is important to you.

2. Ok. It's important to understand what you are doing to the device and not blindly just following the prompts.

3/4. The LoaderBackup(date).ipd file is the automatic backup that is created (on the Windows version of Desktop Manager - not sure about the Mac version) when you install a new OS. You would use this file with the RESTORE function of Desktop Manager to restore the data to the device (if the file is there).

5/6. Yes and yes. Always. This is what restores your data and email connections.

7. Ok. But it doesn't sound like it if you are missing core applications. Or was this "Notes" a third party application. If so, you should have backed them up separately.

No. Not if you didn't back them up in some way. Verizon would not have them and RIM (not BlackBerry) absolutely would not have them.
    Thank you for your help.
    06-16-10 12:41 AM
    This happened to me too when I first upgraded my Tour to 5.0. I used the Desktop Manager on my Mac and it wiped everything off. I was on the phone with Verizons Blackberry techs for a while and couldnt get anything back. It totally bricked my phone, leaving it with no OS. So now when I do upgrades I use my GFs windows computer and it works fine. I just dont trust Desktop Manager for Mac yet
    06-17-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD