My BlackBerry Tour dropped on the floor and the top right of the plastic case broke off but what's worse is that the screen is now white and I can't receive calls. I looked at it and there is this thin line on the screen and also a black dot on it. What could it be? What can I do about it? The damage isn't really physical (outside of the screen or body), it looks like it's on the inside of the LCD.

Photos:

http://localhostr.com/file/OUF5BB4/P1020203.JPG
    http://localhostr.com/file/c1aBpT5/P1020205.JPG
    Last edited by Shadowdare; 01-05-11 at 03:25 AM.
    01-05-11 03:22 AM
    Looks like it's a broke BB. I don't know what advice you can expect because the damage is internal (besides the personal emotional damage). Looks like it is time for an upgrade!
    01-05-11 08:18 AM
    When I owned the Tour, I noticed the screen was under alot of pressure for some reason no matter what circumstance I was afraid to drop it as thought it would crack. Then I dropped it once in the first 6 months and it cracked my screen overall I just say most of the Tour 9630 devices were just completely poorly built
    01-05-11 08:24 AM
    I hope not. Is internal damage of the screen possible? It seems to have more black dots on the screen now. I can still press buttons and hear sounds. The screen does seem easier to pressure.

I used to own a Pearl 8100 and it actually had a hard layer above the screen while the Tour doesn't (if you push your finger down it would pressure the liquid crystal).
    01-05-11 05:06 PM
    When I owned the Tour, I noticed the screen was under alot of pressure for some reason no matter what circumstance I was afraid to drop it as thought it would crack. Then I dropped it once in the first 6 months and it cracked my screen overall I just say most of the Tour 9630 devices were just completely poorly built
    It's an electronic device - however, you feel that you should be able to drop it and it shouldn't break no matter how it falls. If it breaks, that means it is poorly built.

I have had my Tour since November 2009. It is the first and only one that I have had. There have been absolutely zero issues with my unit. Granted, I don't make it a habit to drop it (although it has fallen on carpeted floors once or twice), but then again I value what I buy so I make every effort to take care of it.
    01-06-11 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD