So, I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they have unlocked my Tour, with no muss or fuss.

Other than the fact that "Verizon Wireless is not responsible for data/charges on other networks" -- Duh.

A true world phone, Works on ATT, and shows EDGE in the corner.
    07-12-09 07:40 PM
    did you tell em you were going out of the country?
    07-12-09 07:43 PM
    Basicaly said, I am going out of the country, and have another SIM card I want to use.

She said, "Please hold" and 5 minutes later she came back with the code. She didn't even give me the instructions, just the code, "You know how to do that right?"

Heh. No I did not pay retail, I paid $138.00 before tax.
    07-12-09 07:45 PM
    Let the games begin.....We will see alot of tours on the market i,m guessing soon.
    07-12-09 07:53 PM
    I did the same with mine. It's unlocked with no problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 07:53 PM
    The Sprint ones come unlocked. No need to call with some story if your on big yellow...
    07-12-09 11:09 PM
    The Sprint ones come unlocked. No need to call with some story if your on big yellow...
    I noticed online it says unlocked sim for use with other carriers in other countries, but i guess it means at&t here too?
    07-12-09 11:12 PM
    $138 for an unlocked device huh? Resale on that has to be at least triple
    07-12-09 11:13 PM
    Hello,

Got my Tour today. Getting used to it, but I don't seem to be able to turn off the notification for my incoming emails. I have an AOL account. I have the volume on "silent" for my emails, and yet I get a sound each time I get an email. What up with that?
    07-12-09 11:14 PM
    $138 for an unlocked device huh? Resale on that has to be at least triple
    But the "unlocker" is paying Vzn for the monthly charges for 2 years, yeah baby. They could connect the old Curve and sell the Tour I guess, but why would they do that? They're stuck playing an old tune for 2 more years
    07-12-09 11:17 PM
    So does that mean, if I chose to take my Tour to Tmobile or AT&T and get their sim card that it would work on their system?? If a international chip works this is going to be Great for the trips to the Carribean Islands!!

I am happy with Sprint and don't plan to switch... But having the option is always good
    Last edited by Sonshyne; 07-12-09 at 11:35 PM.
    07-12-09 11:29 PM
    I'm curious about this... something doesn't sound right. It can't be THAT easy to unlock the US bands. That would make it way too easy for people to wait til the phone hits eBay at a decent price and then just pop in a T-Mumble or Deathstar SIM and go for it. This is for the Sprint version, anyway, since Sprint never locks down anything and Sprint phones ALWAYS end up being cheap on eBay.
    07-12-09 11:33 PM
    I know one thing if i get a tour unlocked for a good price im selling my storm and bold.
    07-12-09 11:46 PM
    I know one thing if i get a tour unlocked for a good price im selling my storm and bold.
    You should start a collection :P
    07-13-09 12:27 AM
    It was that easy, but I am a corperate customer. But is fairly easy, now, if your thinking of doing this for a profit, its kinda silly as Verizon would catch on and it would be a one time deal as they would refuse you future service.

I just like the fact I have the option, when overseas. Plus it adds to the resale value when the next latest and greatest drops.

(I get the new customer price every year, being a corperate customer.)

07-13-09 12:34 AM
    I got a pretty decent deal just using the Verizon/Vodaphone plan overseas. At least it seemed reasonable to me. Talked to a guy in on the phone at the store, cause they were having problems with the SIM card. He set up the international data plan to start on the day I take my trip to Europe soon, and it'll only be active for the days I'm gone. Works out to $2-3 dollars a day, plus $0.99/min calling.

Good to know in future, though.
    07-13-09 12:37 AM
    Hold oN. So I want to understand this; by the time I receive my Sprint BB Tour it should be unlocked?

07-13-09 12:41 AM
    [QUOTE=Omnifox;3022971]Basicaly said, I am going out of the country, and have another SIM card I want to use.

She said, "Please hold" and 5 minutes later she came back with the code. She didn't even give me the instructions, just the code, "You know how to do that right?"

What deparment did you go to when you called?
    07-13-09 12:44 AM
    Basicaly said, I am going out of the country, and have another SIM card I want to use.

What deparment did you go to when you called?
    Global support.

07-13-09 12:47 AM
    i dont get the point of unlocking this phone and putting it on ATT.. I understood it with the storm because it was the ONLY touch screen blackberry, but since u only get edge on ATT why wouldnt u just get a curve 8900 or bold?
    07-13-09 01:29 AM
    i dont get the point of unlocking this phone and putting it on ATT.. I understood it with the storm because it was the ONLY touch screen blackberry, but since u only get edge on ATT why wouldnt u just get a curve 8900 or bold?
    Might be because some people might find the tour cheaper than the bold on craigslist or ebay.

All depends really on the pricing.
    07-13-09 08:21 AM
    I've unlocked every ATT phone I've owned by calling them up and asking. If you're locked into a contract or own the phone outright they'll do it, why not? The whole point of the phone is to be a "world phone", let's see if Verizon means it or not.
    07-14-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD