is there a way for me to get my Telus Tour to upgrade to 5.0? I am getting the message that the software is already up to date using loader.exe and using desktop manager i get a message saying that the upgrade is only available for customers with the blackberry service:

"To enjoy the latest functionality... you'll need an active BlackBerry service subscription..."

I have taken all the usual precautions, but no luck. no internet, deleted vendor.xml, i also tried 4.7 and 5.0 desktop manager, etc.

I think this is difficult with no data plan, but there must be a way?
    05-15-10 09:58 PM
    Download the OS yourself then do it through DM? You may have to use a loader.exe.
    05-16-10 02:10 AM
    That's what I have done... I have tried using DM and loader.exe, but I am being blocked by Rim. Somehow I need to fake it out...

I was able to upgrade my son's 9000 to 5.0 and didn't have this problem.

/ck
    05-16-10 05:30 AM
    I would try using shrink-a-os to do it... i have an unlocked tour and didn't have a problem upgrading to .643
    05-16-10 08:50 AM
    ya tried it with no success... i think i need a blackberry plan or a data plan to do it.
    05-16-10 06:44 PM
    Got it to work thanks to a suggestion on a different board. Used BBmcp to brick the phone and then put the official Telus 5.0. Works fine.

Now it seems to be able to flash up to any 5.x code as well.

/bbking67
    05-17-10 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD