Hey all,

Got this message "uncaught exception java.lang.error" that keeps coming up after I do a battery pull. It initially started today right after I downloaded/installed the lasted Berrybuzz update (that I got an email for and went thru mobilehand to get).

My themes are gone, can't get into ringtones, etc etc. Basically, the phone is about as usuable as a paper weight (with the exception of making phone calls)

I believe I read about people reinstalling the OS and wiping the phone or something. Can anyone give me a hand (like moreso of directions) on how to wipe the phone and reload the OS (if needed)? Luckily, I made a backup of everything last week, so I have all my contacts and such backedup already.
    I'll gladly post back results as I go along.

Thanks very much!
    03-15-10 10:10 AM
    Search the forums for BBSAK.. I use that program to wipe and load.. Also on a side note I have gotten the "uncaught exception java.lang.error" before and simply removed whatever app I thought caused it, then rebooted and that worked *for me*.. Not always necessary to wipe... Some apps just don't install right the first time..
    03-15-10 11:16 AM
    03-15-10 12:00 PM
    Search the forums for BBSAK.. I use that program to wipe and load.. Also on a side note I have gotten the "uncaught exception java.lang.error" before and simply removed whatever app I thought caused it, then rebooted and that worked *for me*.. Not always necessary to wipe... Some apps just don't install right the first time..
    Appreciate that...I will try that when I get home with the DM.
    03-15-10 03:06 PM
    Nope that didn't work...still getting the error.

Before I do anything, is there anyway I can just reset the phone using the handheld only or will I have to use device manager?
    03-15-10 07:33 PM
    Nevermind...was able to use the "wipe" feature on the phone, then use the backup feature for everything. Thanks for the comments above though
    03-15-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD