All of the sudden, half of my browsers are throwing this error message up that locks my phone when I use the browser icon in themes ....browsers were working fine yesterday, now half ofthem are locking the phone up all of the sudden......did a battery pull like 11 times, wiped the phone and reinstalled the latest .591 and still have the issue. The browsers I used for the last two weeks are now doing this ??

any help please ??
    04-02-10 01:18 PM
    i have the same exact thing going on. its killing me and i cant figure out how to fix it. u make any progress?
    04-04-10 11:20 PM
    I'm getting the same thing here on the .591. It only reacts this way when Pure.Lab themes are active. Otherwise its fine.

I love Pure.Lab themes, but I have never been able to use them. Always little things that ruins it. Lol. This time these errors.
    Last edited by d5115r; 04-05-10 at 08:16 AM.
    04-05-10 08:12 AM
    PLEASE tell me someone has an answer to this! This is the main problem I am having since the upgrade and I would really LOVE to know how to fix this problem!
    ANYONE?? Please help!!
    04-05-10 07:16 PM
    You'll only get that error with Pure lab themes. don't use those themes and you'll be fine. It's not the phone.
    04-05-10 08:14 PM
    Not Just Pure Lab
    I'm getting this error with AppleBerry running. HELP! It's very frustrating!
    04-05-10 08:30 PM
    I'm also getting this with "Where" app so I just deleted that app and I don't get that message anymore but even if I did not delete that app. The phone seems to be running ok with that message.
    04-05-10 08:49 PM
    It seems that all of the themes that I download , if I use the themes coded for 4.7, they all work fine. If I download the themes for 5.0, only half of the browsers work in those themes,and it throws up the uncaught exception error when trying to use the browsers. To say " don't use the theme anymore and delete it " is not an option. Why should I stop using it just because .591 screws it up. They were all working fine before upgrading. I know I can downgrade and probably have my themes browser back functional, but should I have to ? Its something in .591 that's goofing it or a conflict in the coding of the theme not jiving with the new .591. Hopefully they can get it fixed because I have PAID for themes that are now unuseable. Let's hope for an update :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 05:49 AM
    P.S.
    I am not bashing or being negative, I just want my browser useable in my themes :-). I know its a simple fix, I just hope they take the time to fix it for us. Many of the theme developers that I have talked to regarding this issue don't have a clue why its doing it but all agree its in .591 issues. Let's hang in there and see what happens :-)

04-06-10 05:54 AM
    You'll only get that error with Pure lab themes. don't use those themes and you'll be fine. It's not the phone.
    I don't know what a Pure lab theme is....the theme I am using is one that was already on the phone.

Also, this is only occurring with the Browser menu that came installed on the phone.

Any help would be great!!

04-06-10 09:25 AM
    It seems to be app related (at least for me it was) WTG RIM!

I fixed the problem by booting my 9630 in SafeMode (press and hold the "cancel" button---its up next to the red "end" key---for the entire duration of a boot up after a battery pull) and then deleting the last app I had downloaded (in my case the pure.lab executive theme). I then restarted the phone in "normal" mode after another battery pull, re-downloaded the theme, and haven't had issue since.

Hope this is helpful for others too. Annoying, annoying error. Got this once with my "messages" app too or at least something similar. I couldn't open up my messages and would get a similar error. Again, same process outlined above fixed it. Bah!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-11-10 11:08 PM
    Go to your browser settings and change the home page destination. Problem fixed.
    04-11-10 11:41 PM
    I've had the same issue but it appears to be theme related. I have several themes by dannieloco installed on my phone. I get that error when using his Serenity, BlackberryBliss and BerryFresh themes but not when using his Snow Leopard theme. I'm not a theme building guru so I'm not sure what in the themes is causing it, but because it only happens when certain themes are active I'm pretty sure it's something within the build of certain themes. All of my themes are for OS 5.0.
    04-12-10 05:37 AM
    I've had the same issue but it appears to be theme related. I have several themes by dannieloco installed on my phone. I get that error when using his Serenity, BlackberryBliss and BerryFresh themes but not when using his Snow Leopard theme. I'm not a theme building guru so I'm not sure what in the themes is causing it, but because it only happens when certain themes are active I'm pretty sure it's something within the build of certain themes. All of my themes are for OS 5.0.
    EXACTLY the themes I also get the error message on ! INspired is one I just purchased and THAT does it too ! I became frustrated after paying for a theme I can't use and downgraded to .484. PROBLEM SOLVED ! All themes work perfect again ! Not exactly what I had in mind for a fix, but at least my browser click issue is gone and all my themes are back working. REALLY disappointed in verizon in this release. All that extra time waiting for it and its buggier than what we already had. Oh well

04-12-10 06:04 AM
    Same thing just happened to me days ago and an app was causing it.. Look for uncaught exception post on this forum there may be some answers that can help you.

04-12-10 07:57 AM
    Change the permissions of the application or theme to "Allow"
    04-12-10 08:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...n-help-449957/

Ps.. Since this happened every app is asking to be trusted.

04-12-10 08:05 AM
    EXACTLY the themes I also get the error message on ! INspired is one I just purchased and THAT does it too ! I became frustrated after paying for a theme I can't use and downgraded to .484. PROBLEM SOLVED ! All themes work perfect again ! Not exactly what I had in mind for a fix, but at least my browser click issue is gone and all my themes are back working. REALLY disappointed in verizon in this release. All that extra time waiting for it and its buggier than what we already had. Oh well

Go to your browser settings and change the home page. If there is no other way you can open your browser trough any link you have in your e-mails.

Its easier solution than downgrading... :P
    Last edited by hedone.hawker; 08-29-10 at 05:57 AM.
    08-29-10 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD