Everytime I try to open the browser I get an error message saying Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentexception. This happened after I purchased a new theme from blackberry app world... But I do not know why this is happening. I have done several battery pulls as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the theme and it still occurs. I would like to be able to download themes but I do not want to waste money doing so if everything is not going to work properly. Can someone please help!?!? Thanks!!
    04-13-10 08:18 PM
    Just change your browser's home page settings. Whatever your home page is set on is doing that. At least for me... Hope that helps!
    04-13-10 08:35 PM
    I did try that as well but it didnt work
    04-13-10 09:54 PM
    This happened to me last month right after I updated BerryBuzz...I was able to use the "wipe" feature on the phone, then use the backup feature from Device Manager to restore everything. Thats the solution that worked for me, every ''work around'' I found searching google didn't help me at all. So use the wipe feature with the phone to restore everything back to default (like when you bought it) and then hook it up to device manager to restore all your contacts/applications
    04-14-10 09:26 AM
    well if i use the "wipe" feature and then try to reinstall the theme again....wont the problem happen again???
    04-14-10 02:11 PM
    Restart your phone in "safemode" by pulling the battery out, putting it back in, and pressing and holding the "cancel" button (up next to the red, "end" button) throughout the entire time your phone loads up. In safemode, go to "options" "application" and delete the last application or theme you downloaded. Then pull the battery again. Restart the BB (as normal, no safemode) and download that app or theme again. All should be fixed.

Had this happen 2x on the horrible .591 build! Aggravating.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-14-10 04:00 PM
    I did the safemode thing yesterday and I reinstalled the theme and I got the same stupid error message!!! Im starting to get frustrated because I dont know what else to do!!!!
    04-14-10 04:26 PM
    Downgrade to .484 from Sprint. Easy as that. I don't know what to tell you if removing the offending app/theme in safemode doesn't work. That was the VZW rep's recommendation to me and, again, it worked for me... Sorry to hear you're tour is being so stubborn! Honestly, downgrade to .484 for forget the stupid VZW build.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-14-10 05:04 PM
    I agree with d5115r.....

I struggled with that browser issue two weeks ago after spending 10.00 on a couple themes. As soon as I downloaded and installed them, the browsers gave me the UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION error. I wiped the phone , reinstalled EVERYTHING from scratch and had the same problem, but now with HALF of my themes instead of only a couple. I downloaded a couple more themes for 4.7 INSTEAD of 5.0 OS, and the themes worked perfect. I got a little pissed that I just spent 10.00 on UNUSEABLE themes due to the VZW new .591 OS, so I wiped OS .591 off, installed Sprints .484 AND NOW IT WORKS FINE with ALL my themes , AND, I now have a better radio signal, double the battery life that I had with .591 , it runs MUCH quicker AND I dont have the stupid BROWSER CLICK ISSUE anymore !!. Figure that, you have to use a SPRINT .484 OS to get my Verizon phone to work right :-)
    04-14-10 07:02 PM
    If it keeps happening, then the Theme is not compatible with the OS period. May say it is, but somethings not right. Just wipe the phone and restart. I was concerned with doing it, the whole time felt like working on a time bomb, but wasn't bad at all. Thats what the wipe feature is there for, restores to factory default.
    04-15-10 06:24 AM
    Read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...n-help-449957/ and see if this helps. It worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:44 AM
    If it keeps happening, then the Theme is not compatible with the OS period. May say it is, but somethings not right. Just wipe the phone and restart. I was concerned with doing it, the whole time felt like working on a time bomb, but wasn't bad at all. Thats what the wipe feature is there for, restores to factory default.
    This is not a theme-only issue. I've had this same error on a theme I had been using for weeks after downloading a new app... Also if a theme is 5.0 compatable its 5.0 compatable. The themes that are around when this errors set in work stellar in any other 5.0 build.

04-16-10 06:04 AM
    This is not a theme-only issue. I've had this same error on a theme I had been using for weeks after downloading a new app... Also if a theme is 5.0 compatable its 5.0 compatable. The themes that are around when this errors set in work stellar in any other 5.0 build.

Well if you took the time to read my other posts above, you'd see that I mentioned it happened with me upgrading Berrybuzz. Answer the thread starters question, rather than commenting on my 1 post without researching the thread.

And yes, if a theme is 5.0 compatible, of course it will work for 5.0, in this case, I was referencing the idea that maybe he didn't either click on the right one OR didn't have 5.0.
    04-16-10 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD