i have an unlocked sprint blackberry tour 9630...i am currently using Simple Mobile as my carrier....when i try to access the browser i get a message that reads "your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device".......i contacted sprint...they were unable to help because i wasnt a sprint customer......tried the "Host Routing Table" with no luck...i have no entries...i click on <register now>...it says registration message sent....but no message...................how do i get the service books...any help in this matter is well appreciated.....thank you
    08-09-11 03:00 PM
    I had the same problem with my tour 9630. I had to go to the carriers BIS site to activate the handset and get the service books sent.
    Please bear in mind the info below is for me here in the UK. Things might be different in the USA.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Firstly, has the PIN of you blackberry been released from any BIS services by the previous owner/carrier? if not then you need to get this PIN released as you wont be able to use THE BIS until you do. Only the previous owner can do this.

If you dont already have it, you need the BIS(Blackberry Internet Services) services activated on your account. If you dont have BIS then you can only use a third party browser like opera- to access the internet. You cant use the blackberry browser. If BIS is activated then you should see the network mode in uppercase e.g. GSM/EDGE/GPRS etc..

Assuming the PIN has been relased you need to go to your carriers BIS site(ask them for the URL) you then need to register/create new account at that site.

Once logged in at the carriers BIS site, you need to register you current devices
    PIN and IMEI - NUMBERS ONLY NO DOTS. Once you are logged in you can then activate the device following the istructions in the BIS control panel.
    08-10-11 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD