I just upgraded to a tour a few days ago, on my curve I was able to hide video and picture folders by going to media> explore, select vid, pic or folder and then in properties I could check "hide". I am able to do all that on my tour, but the hide checkbox is shaded so I'm unable to select it...what's going on? I can hide individual pics, but not the folder I've created. I can't hide videos or folders at all... It seems like I should be able to do it since there is the hide box, but why is it shaded?

Anyone able to help me out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:55 PM
    I got a ? How did u find the hidden stuff that's my problem

11-17-09 03:06 PM
    I got a ? How did u find the hidden stuff that's my problem

you open your media folder and then hit the bb button to open the menu, then go to explore and it'll show you all files after selecting media card or device memory. from here it'll show you if it's hidden by being greyed out.
    11-17-09 03:10 PM
    Also, the 'exclude folder' option under media>options is all shaded too, and it's not showing my newly made test folders either.

I know I can use filelock or other similar apps, but I was simply fine with this way of hiding stuff on my curve, am I unable to do this on the tour?

11-17-09 03:20 PM
    It appears that on the Tour, you have to hook your phone up to your computer, then hide the files that way. From your computer, open up the picture or video, click properties, then check the hidden box. Again, this have to be done from your computer. I hope this helps..
    11-17-09 03:20 PM
    i can exclude (or hide) folders on my media card from my tour and it works flawlessly
    11-17-09 03:31 PM
    Oh, hm...ok, I'll try that out. That works for me . Thanks

If there is some way to do it on the phone that anyone knows of I'd appreciate knowing.

11-17-09 03:31 PM
    ok, tried that and it works, so thanks! i just wish i was unable to "unhide" my folders so that i can add new pics to it...seems like all that i've hidden is "checked", but the box is still shaded
    11-17-09 03:58 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to see or UNHIDE a picture. I tried going to the media folder and exploring but i still don't see it.... any more ideas?
    11-20-09 09:07 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to see or UNHIDE a picture. I tried going to the media folder and exploring but i still don't see it.... any more ideas?
    when you get to explore do you hit menu and 'show all'??
    11-20-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD