On the phone with them now trying to get a replacement Tour. They swear to me that the only way my trackball would be messing up is if I have dirt in it and I need to take it to a service center to get cleaned.

I also have issues with my audio jack not working half the time and they're just brushing that one off.. Ugh.
    09-25-09 03:29 PM
    In their defense, it is quite difficult to diagnose something like that over the phone. That is why they want you to go to a store to verify it.
    09-25-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah if you are under 30 day warranty, then just go in switch it at store. If not bring it in store to show the tech your problem and he will give you replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 03:39 PM
    The store here is horrible. I've dealt with them A LOT. I just keep reading of people on here getting replacements over the phone and that's what I'm trying for
    09-25-09 03:39 PM
    The store here is horrible. I've dealt with them A LOT. I just keep reading of people on here getting replacements over the phone and that's what I'm trying for
    They're getting warranty replacements that are covered under the one-year
    warranty. At the current time some of those are new phones or already
    re-furbished phones. You go to the store and exchange it it's going to be a
    new phone.

If it's that bad just go to a different coroporate Sprint store.
    09-25-09 03:42 PM
    I'm ok with going to the store if I'll get a new phone, but thats always been my problem with them. I took my original Motorola Q there the day I bought it and was issued a refurb.
    09-25-09 03:44 PM
    ya i had the same problem.. went to the store and their answer was to set the sensitivity to 90 which makes the phone work even worse..
    09-25-09 04:17 PM
    I'm ok with going to the store if I'll get a new phone, but thats always been my problem with them. I took my original Motorola Q there the day I bought it and was issued a refurb.
    A corporate store isn't going to have refurbished Blackberry's in stock.
    09-25-09 04:25 PM
    ya i had the same problem.. went to the store and their answer was to set the sensitivity to 90 which makes the phone work even worse..
    Thats what they told me on the phone when I called too
    09-25-09 05:39 PM
    interesting update.. i got annoyed and called the local store and one of the techs answered the phones.. I told her that its still messed up and shes like ok and ordered me a replacement.... well see next week
    09-25-09 07:30 PM
    They told me if customer service sent me a new phone I had to pay them 300 and I would get it back about 3 days after they received my old one. Like basically pay 300 they send me a new phone I put the old one in the box and mail it back to them and 3 days after they receive it they will refund my money. But I could go to the sprint store cus I was with in the 30 days. Which was a whole other story

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 10:20 PM
    If you don't like the closest Sprint store to you, try to find the next closest one on sprint.com. Not sure where you live, but I would think it wouldn't be too far?
    09-25-09 11:20 PM
    Hang up. Call Telesales again, ask for a new replacement. If they balk, hang up. Call again... you get the picture. With Sprint, nothing is ever set in stone - it all depends on a combination of ignorance (or lack of thereof) and good will (or lack of thereof) of the CS rep.
    09-26-09 12:18 AM
    If you don't like the closest Sprint store to you, try to find the next closest one on sprint.com. Not sure where you live, but I would think it wouldn't be too far?
    How'bout dem' Yanks?
    09-26-09 12:19 AM
    not sure if anyone said this or not just jumped to the bottom. There is a post about the trackballs being bad in some first models of tour. My dads gf has the same issue and is going to sprint to take care of it. The post is on engadgetmobile.com. Here is the post i just found it: Verizon says trackball issue is 'addressed' on Tour, no longer a problem hope this helps you out. Good luck!!
    09-26-09 03:58 AM
    I took my sprint tour to a repair center, and they replaced my trackball with the curve one which owns all the tour trackballs i have no problem with it.
    09-26-09 07:17 AM
    How'bout dem' Yanks?
    Don't worry. They will choke as usual and it will be very sweet. Sorry for the off topic post.
    09-26-09 07:54 AM
    Just got back from the service center. My new Tour will be here tomorrow
    10-07-09 02:54 PM
    not sure if anyone said this or not just jumped to the bottom. There is a post about the trackballs being bad in some first models of tour. My dads gf has the same issue and is going to sprint to take care of it. The post is on engadgetmobile.com. Here is the post i just found it: Verizon says trackball issue is 'addressed' on Tour, no longer a problem hope this helps you out. Good luck!!
    All I can say is wow! Someone must be new here.

Trust me we are all aware of the trackball issues, pick any random thread here and 50/50 it is about the trackball issues on the tour.
    10-07-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD