Hi, i just got the Tour on VZ and i am having trouble finding how i can (or if i can) set my txt messages to do two things. The first is to automatically open and show on the home screen when received and the second is to have the LED backlight light up when it is received (even when display is locked).

I love it so far, but just trying to learn the basic's...i did do a search on this forum just for an FYI. : -)

Thanks!
    08-31-09 07:07 AM
    Nah this can't be done, you would need 3rd party apps to do both of these things...idk wat they are called but I kno they're out there, do a lil search on here I'm sure you'll find it
    08-31-09 07:14 AM
    if you are using a holster, there is an option in the options menu for messages -> General Options -> THEN there is an entry for 'auto open newest msg aftr removing device from holster'. but im not aware of any option that will open automatically otherwise.

another way to do it would be to use a 'Today' theme. it wont automatically open the new msgs, but it will show the 1st few and you can open them there.
    08-31-09 07:27 AM
    Hi, i just got the Tour on VZ and i am having trouble finding how i can (or if i can) set my txt messages to do two things. The first is to automatically open and show on the home screen when received and the second is to have the LED backlight light up when it is received (even when display is locked).

I love it so far, but just trying to learn the basic's...i did do a search on this forum just for an FYI. : -)

Thanks!
    Ask and you shall receive.

BerryPopup does exactly what you want.
    08-31-09 07:28 AM
    Its an option in the message options menu. Go to message when unholstered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD