First of all, new to the forum, but not to the BlackBerry. But I'll start off saying hello to everyone and thanks for all of the helpful info thus far, and I apologize if I'm in the wrong thread.

Now to the point.. I have a 9630. I check my emails on a daily on a basis on the computer, but the icon still shows them as unread on my BlackBerry, which in turn leaves the yellow envelope/red asterisk on my home screen. I'm sure others have had this question before, but I did a few searches on CB and google to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    03-03-10 11:55 PM
    Are you on a BES or a BIS?
    What type of email is it?
    03-04-10 05:59 AM
    Same question here. It is very annoing to "mark open" them every time. I am on BIS....
    03-04-10 03:38 PM
    One more time...

What TYPE OF EMAIL???!! It makes a difference how it behaves.
    03-04-10 05:08 PM
    I am on BIS with POP3 email if thats what you are asking.
    03-05-10 12:34 PM
    POP3 email does not operate in that manner on BlackBerry on BIS. Reading the email on a computer will not result in the message being marked as read on the BlackBerry. You will have to manually mark the messages read on the BlackBerry. Email doesn't "sync".

Having said that, it's not terribly difficult nor time consuming to go to the top of the message list and select "Mark Prior Opened".
    03-05-10 04:51 PM
    I'm on BIS and I use Gmail. It's not a huge inconvenience. Just curious if there was an easy fix.
    03-07-10 10:48 PM
    Easy fix is to read them on your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 11:40 PM
    I'm on BIS and I use Gmail. It's not a huge inconvenience. Just curious if there was an easy fix.
    Well, on GMail there is an "fix". (And thus that's why I kept asking what type of email it was.)

Set up GMail as IMAP instead of POP.
    03-08-10 05:46 AM
    I'm having a similar problem with my gmail. I have my work email through BES, and then I have my gmail setup with the enhanced plugin. For some reason, I cannot get the new message indicator to go away, even when I mark prior opened or even when I delete the messages in my gmail!

For example. Right now I have the envelope indicator at the top of my screen saying I have 31 unread messages (with the red star). When I hover over my gmail folder, it says (31) [email protected]. But I've already deleted all of my emails in that folder. I have nothing in my gmail. I even archived everything in my gmail account on my pc. But that little envelope will not go away!!!

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to hear them.
    03-08-10 12:18 PM
    POP3 email does not operate in that manner on BlackBerry on BIS. Reading the email on a computer will not result in the message being marked as read on the BlackBerry. You will have to manually mark the messages read on the BlackBerry. Email doesn't "sync".

Having said that, it's not terribly difficult nor time consuming to go to the top of the message list and select "Mark Prior Opened".
    Thank you for your input
    03-08-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD