BB Tour (Verizon)

Device Manager 5.0

Outlook 2007

Windows vista ( if that matters)

Ok so I have read through some other post to see if I could fix my problem, but yet to resolve it. I have the new BB Tour, my first BB. I am trying to sync my outlook Calendar with my BB Calendar. I have already synced my address book with no problems but it want sync my Calendars.

Here is what I done so far:

1. Plugged my BB to my Computer.

2. Opened Dm.

3. Clicked Sync

4. On the left tab I clicked Configure>Sync

5. Then Sync to setup programs to sync

6. Device Application screen came up

7. Clicked on Calendar>Microsoft Outlook>Two way Sync>Transfer only future>Finish>ok

8. Went back to the Sync menu>then synced, the only thing that synced is my Address book.

I deleted my Facebook CICAL from service books, so no more FB calendar. I didn�t see an Outlook CICAL in my service book. What does it look like? I went to my Carriers Email setup sight and sent Service books back to my phone and still no Outlook CICAL that I know of. I went to my Calendar Options on my BB and under Calendar there is only a CICAL for my email, FB is gone thank god. Haha! But still no Outlook should there be an outlook CICAL under Calendar in the options? I set up an event in outlook and on my BB so I could see if the sync was done.

What gives?

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Lee
    09-03-09 01:00 PM
    BB will not show a Outlook CICAL. What will happen during the sync is the calendar items will be imported from Outlook to the default calendar in the BB as specified in options, advanced options, default services. You will see a CICAL service book for each email account on the BB.

Also, if you are using a "today" theme, only the "default" calendar will be displayed on the home screen.

Hope this helps.
    09-03-09 01:51 PM
    Whats thetoday theme?

I see the CICAL for my yahoo email. The one I use.

still nothing. only my address book syncs.
    09-03-09 02:36 PM
    Did you open your Calendar app on blackberry? They should be there then. If not, change the Sync option to all. It's working fine for me. I have Vista, Outlook 2007, and DM 5.0. It has nothing to do with any service books at all so don't go looking for it. Today theme is a theme you can get. It will show your calendar on your home screen. But check your Calendar on your blackberry. Something else you could do it go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and check your settings there.
    09-03-09 06:32 PM
    I have the same exact environment as both wlwalden2 and summerfish, but when I try to sync with my Tour, the Calendar sync crashes DM. I've tried to sync one way Dev -> Outlook, one way Outlook -> Dev, and two way, and all of them crash DM. The other sync ops (Tasks, Memos, Contacts) all work fine.

While searching the 'Net, it seems that this is related to having recurring appts in the calendar. I've seen a solution for people who input their calendar entries in Outlook only (which is to clear the data on the DM's calendar database), but I have new calendar entries on both Outlook and the device itself.

Is there any hope for a fix on this? Or will I have to keep clearing the database on the DM and not create new calendar entries when I'm on the move (which to be honest is quite ridiculous ...)?
    10-28-09 08:41 PM
    I'm running Outlook 2007, XP and DM 5, I set my Tour up using a one-way synch without issue. One thing you may want to look at, in the old days with Intellisync, the synch used to die if there was a corrupt record or a record with a format or field that the device wasn't expecting.
    10-29-09 09:59 AM
    Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that a few minutes ago I got a notification from the DM Update Manager that a new version of DM (5.0.1) was available, and I decided to try it out.

Result: not only DM now detects my Tour as "Blackberry 9630" (before on 5.0 it would display the device PIN only, not the model), but also now Outlook sync works perfectly!!!

If you still have this sync issue on this thread, you might want to try DM 5.0.1.

Thanks for all your help,
    Ivan
    10-29-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD