Hey,

I recently picked up a tour on the Sprint network and absolutely love it - I've had some very minor software issues (all of which were my own doing), other than that, no major issues whatsoever.

Well, we're both coming from regular ol' cell phones and my girlfriend is switching to Sprint to get a smartphone as well - she's pretty much sold on the BB tour, but wants to try the Pre.

Has anyone had any luck with the Pre? When I played with it, it felt cheap and flimsy - it felt nothing like the Tour does in my hands.

But at the same time, she likes all of the bells and whistles.

Anything else I should tell her about the Tour (other than what she's seen, playing with mine) to help her make an informed decision?
    09-15-09 12:15 AM
    Dude. Convince a women to get something she does not want and you will be sorry. If she does not love it, she will never hesitate to tell you how much she hates the phone you made her get. Let her get the Pre. She won't like it then when it's her idea to get the Tour, all will be as it should be.

Just my opinion.....After 20 years of being married.
    09-15-09 12:21 AM
    hahaha maybe I shouldn't have labeled it "trying to convince.."

she was asking for my help on which one to get.
    09-15-09 12:23 AM
    Tell her to wait for the pixie if she likes all of the bells and whistles. Plus I have heard that it is a much better built device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 12:52 AM
    Anything else I should tell her about the Tour (other than what she's seen, playing with mine) to help her make an informed decision?
    Since "bells and whistles" are important, have her compare the apps that are available for each phone. Or do a side-by-side comparison of what each is capable of. Who knows, maybe a Pre fits her needs better. But it can't hurt to have that info before purchasing.

Particular things? I dont' know much about the Pre, but a Blackberry's integrated Messages box is a big plus for me (I know some people don't like it). Also, the ability for Slacker (an internet music streaming service, similar to Pandora) to cache stations on your phone's memory card (a Blackberry exclusive) is pretty nice if you like that sort of thing. Or buy BerryBuzz and show her the disco lights

Of course, she could just get a Pre and try it for a few days, while being able to compare it to your Tour at the same time. With Sprint, you can return a phone (with conditions) during the first 15 or 30 days, right?
    09-15-09 01:39 AM
    My wife just got a red Curve 8330. She loves it and I think your girlfriend should check it out. The size is just right according to her and she thinks it's cute. It works extremely well, and was just $49.99 after rebate. This a super value right now.
    09-15-09 01:59 AM
    Don't give them a choice - just get it for them.

That's what I did when I got my gf and mom a Tour (each)... they both love the machines.
    09-15-09 10:41 AM
    Let her make the decision all you can do is offer the advice (Blackberry.). She will soon find out that NOTHING COMPARES TO THE BLACKBERRY. In my opinion the berry is a better built device with all the right, "bells and whistles."

-Better camera
    -Push email
    -BBMessenger "free messaging"
    -Secure browsing
    -Sex appeal
    -Solid build quality
    -Best battery life
    -Easier to use
    - and the list goes on and on and on!!!

09-15-09 10:51 AM
    Good luck man I bought my girl a tour for her b day last week I can't get her to switch from her curve the tour is still in the box lol

09-15-09 10:53 AM
    Dude. Convince a women to get something she does not want and you will be sorry. If she does not love it, she will never hesitate to tell you how much she hates the phone you made her get.
    Yeah... what he said! LOL!

The best thing to do is give her some hands on time with each phone. I think women are really drawn to the whole touch screen thing, but they don't realize that there's a learning curve.

Encourage her to play around with the phone as much as possible within the first 15-30 days so that she can return it if she doesn't like it.
    09-15-09 11:50 AM
    It honestly depends on what her main uses for the device will be. I bought the Pre the day it came out and subsequently returned it and am now the proud owner of a Tour on Verizon. The Pre has many great features that even Blackberry users can appreciate. Coming over from a feature phone/dumb phone, she will enjoy the Pre. The only reason I knew the Pre wasn't for me was because I knew the full potential of Blackberrys because I had previously owned them. I would imagine that things are different with the Pre now, as there are what are called homebrew apps that can be loaded onto the device in addition to what is available in Palm's app catalog. When I returned my Pre there were only 29 apps in the app catalog but now, there are over 140 homebrew apps that can also be loaded onto the phone. My biggest gripes about the Pre were the build quality, the battery life and the keyboard. Her is most certainly going to differ than mine so here experience might be better. So my advice would be let her decide and that way she can see the limitations of the Pre for herself....LOL!!!
    09-15-09 12:52 PM
    BB Messenger! Girls freakin love it for some reason. They are always saying "bbm me!" haha
    09-15-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD