I have been having a problem trying upload my pictures and my videos to my computer from my phone, i have connected to my computer through usb but when i get into the thing it says that i have no media. I have multiple pictures and videos and im not sure if they are saved to my sim card or the actual phone. I would like for them to be saved to my sim card but not sure if they are and if you knew how that would be alot of help. and also if the media was saved to my sim card is that why it wont show up on the computer? if so how do i fix this?
    03-29-10 09:31 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

First of all, go to options > memory and make sure mass storage mode support is on. Most likely, your pictures and video are saved to your memory card, which you can access through a file browser once storage mode is on.

If this feature is already enabled, I'm sure others may have better troubleshooting tips for you.

Also, be careful about "encrypting" files as this option is available through this menu. It adds a .rem extension to your media and essentially prevents the media from being viewed/played on devices other than BlackBerry Smartphones.
    03-29-10 09:40 PM
    I've had a blackberry for years but just got a new tour not to long ago and have looked at forums on the site before, just never actually joined until today.

But my mass storage is on, but i am still having a problem getting the file to show up on my computer.... when i go to look at how much memory i have used on my media card the total space is the same as the free space so im not quite sure whats up.
    03-29-10 09:49 PM
    I've had a blackberry for years but just got a new tour not to long ago and have looked at forums on the site before, just never actually joined until today.

But my mass storage is on, but i am still having a problem getting the file to show up on my computer.... when i go to look at how much memory i have used on my media card the total space is the same as the free space so im not quite sure whats up.
    If you go into Media on your phone and press the BlackBerry key > explore -- can you find the files in question?
    03-29-10 09:55 PM
    You may in fact be storing them in INTERNAL memory - a very limited resource. As suggested above, using the Media/Explore function and check both Internal Memory as well as the SD card. Internal/user/pictures, I believe.
    03-30-10 12:08 AM
    they are on my media card, but i still can not get them off of my media card onto my computer using the usb plug
    03-30-10 02:48 PM
    Try pulling the card out of the Tour and putting it in a card reader in a computer and read the files that way.
    03-30-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD