I've done 2 battery pulls so far and turned the connection on and off and cannot get the device to connect. Can't register my BIS and it's frustrating me! Anyone else having this issue? What did you do to fix it?
    07-14-09 04:23 PM
    No issue here , Im getting solid 1XEV full bars
    07-14-09 04:26 PM
    i had a bit of an issue at first

have you tried sending the host routing table and turning all connections off via manage connections?

i did that then turned it back on and rebooted device and up and running with full bars
    07-14-09 04:27 PM
    Ok, battery pull #3 yields the same results. Flicking back and forth between 1x and 1xev. Sent the routing tables (for the 3rd time), turned off connections, battery pull #4, rebooting right now. We'll see if this works out. Hopefully it does.
    07-14-09 04:29 PM
    Wonderful, still nothing. Gonna have to use this glorified brick all night at work. Hopefully it decides to change it's mind and hold a connection. Seriously this is stupid...my old POS 8830 had no issues with this ever.
    07-14-09 04:33 PM
    This actually sounds like a provisioning issue on Verizon's end than a data connection with your new Tour.
    07-14-09 04:38 PM
    had the same problem when i activated mine this morning.. called CS had them run a ESN refresh.. fixed the problem immidately
    07-14-09 04:38 PM
    Wonderful, still nothing. Gonna have to use this glorified brick all night at work. Hopefully it decides to change it's mind and hold a connection. Seriously this is stupid...my old POS 8830 had no issues with this ever.
    Have you loaded new PRL update yet?
    Im in no way trying to Down Verizon network..its great but many Verizon 8330 owners are having signal cycle.
    The issue didnt become present till 138 rom ,Im thinking its the new PRL update thats causing issue...many of my Verizon rom hack friends think so as well
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-14-09 at 04:46 PM.
    07-14-09 04:43 PM
    Verizon Wireless - 1XEV Network Re-sync instructions

- Dial ##000000
    - Configuration page will open up, scroll down to SIP User ID
    - Verify it reads wireless #@vzw3g.com (Ex: [email protected])
    - Scroll down to SIP Password
    - Enter vzw
    - Click the Menu button on the BB then choose Save
    - The device will restart, and re-sync / login to the Verizon Wireless network
    - Once the device fully restarts, give it another minute or two to fully connect
    - At this point if you have at least 3 bars of coverage you should see the 1XEV coverage indicator
    07-28-09 05:08 AM
    don't know if this will help but go into the options menu, then moble network, push the menu button, when the menu comes up there are several options but the ones you want are: update profile and update perfered list. Complete both these updates and you should be good to go. It will also help those are looking for a possible signal fix. (Credit for this fix goes to bigjoe7757. If you want to view this thread, search for possible signal fix).
    07-28-09 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD