I have some questions, I have a BB tour and will be going to Cabo San Lucas next week, my phone is unlocked and the sprint sim card is activated. What do you recommend I do in Cabo, should I buy a sim card to call back home for cheaper rates or are those for local use only? What about texting or picture mail? This is my first time taking an international phone on vacation, any advice will be appreciated.
    09-09-09 12:32 PM
    I'm currently in Europe and had my bb tour unlocked before i left. I took out my verizon sim card and picked up a local one. The rates are definitely cheaper and can make international and local calls.
    09-09-09 12:34 PM
    Sweet, Thanks MXMS125.....
    09-09-09 12:38 PM
    Sweet, Thanks MXMS125.....
    Only thing about using a local sim is that you lose your number and you don't have data services unless you select one of the more expensive prepaid options. It is much cheaper just to upgrade your BIS/BES plan to include global data and that way you keep all your same info. Honestly I would rather have data on my phone in Europe than cheaper voice because Skype is a good alternative that allows even cheaper calling. I will say though, that it depends on your particular needs.....when I was in Spain in April I was just a lazy tourist and didn't really use my cell phone although it was unlocked and had a local sim card. When I was in Africa last year though, I used my cell phone all the time and it was more beneficial for me to have cheaper minutes than data access....
    09-09-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD