This may be more appropriate in the general thread, but seeing as my new tour just came today, I thought I'd try here first. I reviewed some other threads about this issue and they didn't seem to be the same. I am not transferring with outlook etc, just my old phonebook to my new tour.

I believe I read that I cannot use backup assistant to get all my old contacts onto my new smartphone. Is this correct?

If so, what is the best way to transfer all my numbers into my new Tour? Surely I am not the only person upgrading to my first smartphone...

Thanks in advance for the help
    07-14-09 02:41 PM
    This may be more appropriate in the general thread, but seeing as my new tour just came today, I thought I'd try here first. I reviewed some other threads about this issue and they didn't seem to be the same. I am not transferring with outlook etc, just my old phonebook to my new tour.

I believe I read that I cannot use backup assistant to get all my old contacts onto my new smartphone. Is this correct?

If so, what is the best way to transfer all my numbers into my new Tour? Surely I am not the only person upgrading to my first smartphone...

Thanks in advance for the help
    I was in to get my new BB Tour yesterday and if you are coming off a regular cell phone then you have to go in to Verizon and have them do it, I believe she said it was free of charge.

I am coming off the Voyager, that's why I am getting it from the store and not online...I would have to go there anyway.
    07-14-09 02:46 PM
    honestly from a non-smartphone to a bb your best options are either going into a vzw store to have them do it for you, or using the vzw backup assistant through the my verizon page.
    07-14-09 02:47 PM
    honestly from a non-smartphone to a bb your best options are either going into a vzw store to have them do it for you, or using the vzw backup assistant through the my verizon page.
    I was told yesterday that you cannot use the backup assistant online to transfer contacts from a regular cell to a Blackberry, it has to be done at Verizon.
    07-14-09 02:49 PM
    Glad I am not the only one, don't feel as foolish. For some reason VZW says you can't use backup assistant for smartphones. Anyone find this to be true? I will try it again....might have to goto the verizon store
    07-14-09 02:50 PM
    go to the stor homie. they usually more helpful
    07-14-09 02:57 PM
    Verizon Back Up Assistant does not work for Blackberry's.

You can restore and back up to your Desktop Manager, BUT first you have to get them into your BB.

Only solution I know is to go to a VZW store with old phone & new BB.

07-14-09 03:08 PM
    I picked up a Tour today at the store and when he went to transfer my contacts off of my Curve (only 4 months old) he said it wouldn't work. So I figured I would just use Google Sync, however it only transferred 4 out of my 250 or so contacts.

What's my next option?
    07-15-09 05:00 PM
    I had my contacts transferred from my storm to my Tour at the store. tymanley, try again.. there is no reason why it shouldn't work to transfer them at the store.

I personally use Google sync to transfer my contact info. That way it's online and I can always get my contacts easily.
    07-15-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD