Hello, I currently have an 8830 with lots of pictures and other data on my 8gb media card as I use it as a regular flash drive as well as additional storage for my blackberry. I am planning to upgrade to the Tour in the next few weeks and was wondering if I can simply move my media card to the new device and have it start working properly or will I have to reformat the card in the new device in order for it to work properly. Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 07:05 AM
    it should work properly, both devices should be using FAT file systems,
    07-04-09 07:13 AM
    put your old card from your phone into the tour, and wala! all the pictures and everything you have will be on the tour
    07-04-09 07:19 AM
    If for whatever reason it doesn't work You can always dump all your pics on your pc and transfer them to your new device. It's a bit slower, but another option if need be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:05 AM
    Maybe I'm just being anal, but I plan to reformat and start from scratch. I want to format the card in the device. It's been in my Curve so long now I don't even remember if I formatted it on the Curve to begin with. So my plan is to copy the stuff I want to keep to my computer, then reformat the card and then put stuff back on it.
    07-04-09 09:23 AM
    Maybe I'm just being anal, but...
    Yup, you are... data is data, files are files, pics are pics. But, the important thing is you are comfortable with YOUR data, files, and pics. That will work, too, but it is certainly an option.
    07-04-09 10:40 AM
    Does anyone know the folder structure on media card? I have my 16bg card and I'd like to move files from my previous phone (non BB) to the new card now so they will be there when I put the new card in.
    07-04-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD