I know there have been many of threads on this topic and I have read quite a few of them but none of them are much help to me. I just switched from the original enV to the Tour. I uploaded all of my contacts to the "my verizon" and the sales person said that would work. Well that is what I get for listening to him because it does not. The old phone has been deactivated so I don't know if there is much I can do with it. Is there any way to get the contacts off of My Verizon to the BB. Or could I take the micro SD card out of the BB put it in the old phone and transfer the contacts to that and then to the BB? Any other ideas? I REALLY do not want to have to go back into the store and wait an hour just the pay them to do it.
    07-12-09 07:58 PM
    I know there have been many of threads on this topic and I have read quite a few of them but none of them are much help to me. I just switched from the original enV to the Tour. I uploaded all of my contacts to the "my verizon" and the sales person said that would work. Well that is what I get for listening to him because it does not. The old phone has been deactivated so I don't know if there is much I can do with it. Is there any way to get the contacts off of My Verizon to the BB. Or could I take the micro SD card out of the BB put it in the old phone and transfer the contacts to that and then to the BB? Any other ideas? I REALLY do not want to have to go back into the store and wait an hour just the pay them to do it.
    then program them in by hand unless you what to try and work with bitpim and drawing your contacts into an email account.. they should do it for free if you got your phone there if not then dont be cheap
    07-12-09 08:00 PM
    Its not being cheap as much as it is principle. Verizon has been increasing a lot of their fees and adding new ones lately and I just really aggravates me. That and the store is always packed so it will take forever.
    07-12-09 08:05 PM
    Its not being cheap as much as it is principle. Verizon has been increasing a lot of their fees and adding new ones lately and I just really aggravates me. That and the store is always packed so it will take forever.
    so will doing them by hand or with bitpim as it is one at a time so your choice

I should add bitpim is not easy to use
    07-12-09 08:07 PM
    with your enV and your new BB and they can do it for ya. I did that with my LG Voyager and the Tour and they transfered it in about 2 mins (contacts & calender). I asked about pulling the contacts off their Verizonwireless backup DB, but he said you couldn't do it that way. Dunno why.
    07-12-09 08:08 PM
    with your enV and your new BB and they can do it for ya. I did that with my LG Voyager and the Tour and they transfered it in about 2 mins (contacts & calender). I asked about pulling the contacts off their Verizonwireless backup DB, but he said you couldn't do it that way. Dunno why.
    Smart phones, pda, and blackberry do not support backup assit
    07-12-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD