I recently got my Storm 2 months ago and fell in love with blackberrys but not so much the storm, I am formulating a way to get a tour while getting rid of my Storm and not signing another two years.

My idea so far is to use bestbuytradein.com for the estimated 156 bestbuy credit, then go to best buy and pay the remaining balance for a new verizon storm then activate it to my number.

Anyone else in same situations or have any other ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 12:15 AM
    Get the storm unlocked and ebay it for ~$300?
    06-27-09 12:17 AM
    I feel like trying to sell a storm for 300 right after the tour drops is not gonna work, I'm just waiting to see the base price w/o 2 year

06-27-09 12:20 AM
    I would guess prolly $499 off contract like the storm was since it's the same 2 year price and everything, but they do weird **** with the subsidized prices sometimes.
    06-27-09 12:25 AM
    if u have another phone, which u probably do. i would get the storm unlocked and sell it within the next two weeks, because alot of casual consumers dont know about the tour, so u can get your 300 and use an old phone for a week
    06-27-09 12:25 AM
    looks like Im screwed with forking over around 350, or using the storm for another 20 months.

06-27-09 12:26 AM
    You could also just phone float, sell the storm now, get something new, return it next month ($35 restocking fee) and get a tour then and you're only out 35 bucks, but if you break it you're out $1,000. I'm just buying the Tour for whatever because I'm to lazy to care about money.
    06-27-09 12:28 AM
    that still wouldn't solve the fact I'm not eligble for the 2 year price, that would just buy me time, I may just hold on the storm another month or two then buy the tour flat out and sell the storm to cut most of my losses after the fact. I'm not even sure I would like the trackball berry, I have never used one, I have an iPod touch, the storm and I came off a krzr k1m

06-27-09 12:37 AM
    sorry for jacking this thread but how much is it to do an insurance claim?
    06-27-09 01:20 AM
    Free.... There's a reason you pay the insurance to begin with

06-27-09 09:56 AM
    that still wouldn't solve the fact I'm not eligble for the 2 year price, that would just buy me time, I may just hold on the storm another month or two then buy the tour flat out and sell the storm to cut most of my losses after the fact. I'm not even sure I would like the trackball berry, I have never used one, I have an iPod touch, the storm and I came off a krzr k1m

Gotta love the ball!!!!
    06-27-09 10:09 AM
    I have the Touch Pro and I hate it and I'm not due for a new phone for a while. When I told VZW about my situation in the store they said to call customer service and complain once the Tour is out. If you threaten to leave VZW (i.e. break your contract) to go to AT&T to get the Bold you would have some leverage - worth a shot. My goal is to get the $200 price.
    06-27-09 10:19 AM
    Is it an option to add 2 years to your contract early? or I'm thinking I may trade my storm in to best buy use the 150 for the cancelation fee the buy the two with a new two years for $200. This sucks I wish there was an option to trade in your previous bb to get the newest bb at 2 year price.

06-27-09 12:43 PM
    Ya sell it right this instant. There's still people that have no clue about the Tour. Not everyone comes to tech blogs. There will be people right at launch that will have no clue about it. Take advantage of them NOW! Then go get your Tour, while they bang their head on their desk.
    06-27-09 04:57 PM
    haha thanks for the advice, just finished writing verizon a long intellegent email attempting to get the tour for the 199 price, added in leaving to AT&T for a bold and that I know the cancelation fee, we will see there response. oh and I mentioned being VIP status and how the storm is "unusable". I'll keep posted on a reply from them

06-27-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD