Don't flame me. I just would like to see if you think it will work or not.

If I go into my local vzw store and demand them to let me trade my storm for a tour when it comes out and threaten to cancel my contract if they don't will work? I just got a replacement phone today and i already hate it. It supposed to work better but it just doesn't. And the screen is barely clickable. I'm really getting sick of this phone.
    Last edited by srh079; 06-27-09 at 02:24 AM.
    06-27-09 02:22 AM

If I go into my local vzw store and demand them to let me trade my storm for a tour when it comes out and threaten to cancel my contract if they don't will work? I just got a replacement phone today and i already hate it. It supposed to work better but it just doesn't. And the screen is barely clickable. I'm really getting sick of this phone.

for one thing this may be able to happen depending on who you talk to but heck if your mean about it it probably will never happen..

your better off calling customer service but I think the rule is like 3 replacements in a certain amount of time..
    06-27-09 02:27 AM
    Yeah good luck with that...unless you're on your third. Thats VZ policy
    06-27-09 02:31 AM
    I'm actually very nice when talking to reps and such. I'm just very fed up with the storm and I don't want to have to go through 2 more replacements just to get the tour.
    06-27-09 02:32 AM

First off, demanding will get you nowhere fast and more frustrated. Was your replacement a new device or a refurb? I have heard of people being allowed to switch devices after they went through several replacements so it is worth a shot if your new replacement is really a defective unit. The newer devices made in Mexico are much better.

The nicer you are, the nicer they will be. Good Luck!
    06-27-09 02:32 AM
    honestly i dont think verizon will care to much that you hate your storm because you knew what you were getting into when you bought the phone. it is by far the worst touch screen i have ever seen
    06-27-09 02:33 AM
    I'm actually very nice when talking to reps and such. I'm just very fed up with the storm and I don't want to have to go through 2 more replacements just to get the tour.
    They'll take many things into account:

1. How long have you been a customer?
    2. Are you currently under contract?
    3. Is there a clear history of replacement/dissatisfaction with your current device?
    4. Do they really care enough? lol
    06-27-09 02:34 AM
    They'll take many things into account:

1. How long have you been a customer?
    2. Are you currently under contract?
    3. Is there a clear history of replacement/dissatisfaction with your current device?
    4. Do they really care enough? lol
    1. Since february so i won't have help with that.
    2. Yes I am.
    3. 2 calls and 1 replacement hardly seems like a history of dissatisfaction.
    4. Most likely not. haha

I probably shouldn't have created this thread but I just am tired of my storm. The only reason i kept it, is because i was promise there would be an OS update to fix all of the problems and .148 just doesn't cut it.

Sorry for coming off like an @$$ guys.
    06-27-09 02:39 AM
    1. Since february so i won't have help with that.
    2. Yes I am.
    3. 2 calls and 1 replacement hardly seems like a history of dissatisfaction.
    4. Most likely not. haha

I probably shouldn't have created this thread but I just am tired of my storm. The only reason i kept it, is because i was promise there would be an OS update to fix all of the problems and .148 just doesn't cut it.

Sorry for coming off like an @$$ guys.
    Who promised you that .148 was going to be a fix all? .148 is a great build and a huge improvement over previous releases and of course .75. You said in your original post you were having click issues which is a hardware issue. What is it that you are experiencing with .148, or what hasn't gotten better? What OS were you on prior to upgrading to .148?

You can also try a hybrid which has the best of several different builds combined. I have been running Lyricidal's for some time and his builds have been pretty amazing.
    06-27-09 03:36 AM
    honestly i dont think verizon will care to much that you hate your storm because you knew what you were getting into when you bought the phone. it is by far the worst touch screen i have ever seen
    Its a good phone if you have a working version of it... mines been fantastic..
    06-27-09 03:42 AM
    Who promised you that .148 was going to be a fix all? .148 is a great build and a huge improvement over previous releases and of course .75. You said in your original post you were having click issues which is a hardware issue. What is it that you are experiencing with .148, or what hasn't gotten better? What OS were you on prior to upgrading to .148?

You can also try a hybrid which has the best of several different builds combined. I have been running Lyricidal's for some time and his builds have been pretty amazing.
    Vzw rep that sold me the phone said that I shouldn't worry about the phone's problems because there would be an update coming out to fix those problems. Problems I'm still having: random freezing, takes more time then it should to open things such as my txts or dial pad. And I was running the official .75 and was having to pull the battery at least twice a day. I've also tried Lyricidal's latest hybrid and while the opening apps was somewhat quicker nothing else changed for me. So as soon as i send my original back, I'm gonna call and get another replacement because the one I just got is worse.
    06-27-09 04:28 AM
    Vzw rep that sold me the phone said that I shouldn't worry about the phone's problems because there would be an update coming out to fix those problems. Problems I'm still having: random freezing, takes more time then it should to open things such as my txts or dial pad. And I was running the official .75 and was having to pull the battery at least twice a day. I've also tried Lyricidal's latest hybrid and while the opening apps was somewhat quicker nothing else changed for me. So as soon as i send my original back, I'm gonna call and get another replacement because the one I just got is worse.
    Have you wiped completely using JL_Cmder then reload everything from scratch? I would give that a try if you haven't already. Are you running any themes? How many programs do you have running in the background? If you have tried these things and still doesn't fix then it could be hardware and may be able to get VZW to let you swap for the Tour.
    06-27-09 05:00 AM
    Well, you say you're "very nice" but yet you want to go in and "demand"an upgrade to the Tour. Two different scenarios.

It's safe to say that all you can do is try. There is no written policy that we have to do anything like that, so it's on a store by store basis.
    06-27-09 06:29 AM
    Just in case the OP is unaware--

You and every other Storm hater will be trying this, and you can bet VZW is preparing for it. There's no official policy and its really kind of a gamble as to whether or not they'll let you do it.

Just take this from a managers perspective--they look at your account and see you've been using the storm for, let's say, 1 year. Now they look at your account and say, "Oh this person was sooo frustrated with the Storm for day one, yet continued to use it and now decides to threaten to cancel just to get something he wants that he thinks is better without even having used the phone yet."

If that was just a threat to get what you want I would call your bluff and say have fun at T-Mobile
    06-27-09 07:20 AM
    Just in case the OP is unaware--

You and every other Storm hater will be trying this, and you can bet VZW is preparing for it. There's no official policy and its really kind of a gamble as to whether or not they'll let you do it.

Just take this from a managers perspective--they look at your account and see you've been using the storm for, let's say, 1 year. Now they look at your account and say, "Oh this person was sooo frustrated with the Storm for day one, yet continued to use it and now decides to threaten to cancel just to get something he wants that he thinks is better without even having used the phone yet."

If that was just a threat to get what you want I would call your bluff and say have fun at T-Mobile
    I agree with many of the posts. I really doubt VZ will allow a swap for the Tour. I tried out the Storm for 29 days and returned it. I knew they were still working on the OS, but I had tried many many leaked operating systems and they never did satisfy my need for quicker typing. Many had said that the new OS would fix many things, but to me, I never believed it would fix a slight lag in typing so I did not chance it. Had I went beyond the 30 days..I would have taken responsibility for it since I was frustrated before the 30 day period.
    06-27-09 07:58 AM
    Well here is my dilemma.

1. How long have you been a customer? Over 12 years

2. Are you currently under contract? Yes with 5 lines

3. Is there a clear history of replacement/dissatisfaction with your current device? Very clear. I have had about 7 of them, still dissatisfied.

4. Do they really care enough? lol, They better or I will be moving to sprint

Its ridiculous because the phone can't handle more then one thing at a time. I can't email and check the web or the phone freezes. Then when ever I use tethering I loose my data connection and have to reboot and wait ten minutes. I am going to call prob today and complain about it and see what they give me. I'll be upset it they try to send me a curve
    06-27-09 09:04 AM
    Well here is my dilemma.

1. How long have you been a customer? Over 12 years

2. Are you currently under contract? Yes with 5 lines

3. Is there a clear history of replacement/dissatisfaction with your current device? Very clear. I have had about 7 of them, still dissatisfied.

4. Do they really care enough? lol, They better or I will be moving to sprint

Its ridiculous because the phone can't handle more then one thing at a time. I can't email and check the web or the phone freezes. Then when ever I use tethering I loose my data connection and have to reboot and wait ten minutes. I am going to call prob today and complain about it and see what they give me. I'll be upset it they try to send me a curve
    A situation like this has much more clout...I would still wait til the Tour hits the market though, otherwise they will probably send you a Curve since this phone technically doesn't exist yet and therefore, cannot be promised to you :P
    Last edited by mike42; 06-27-09 at 10:08 AM.
    06-27-09 10:05 AM
    Yes, I have used that program to wipe my phone and then reload .148. And even though I said that I would demand the phone I really would not. Especially after all of the input I have seen on this site from actual reps and managers, but mostly because I really am very polite when dealing with reps and i always say thank you and such. When I bought the storm the rep that sold it to me gave me another $50 instant rebate on top the MIR because of how i treated him politely and did not demand anything. However I will go to the vzw store around launch day and NICELY and POLITELY ask them if they could somehow give me the tour because of the dissatisfaction I have with the storm. If not i will try and do the 3 trade in thing where I can get a different phone for an equal or lesser value. If I can't do that I'll just save money, buy the tour full price, get my storm unlocked and ebay or craig's list it.
    Last edited by srh079; 06-27-09 at 12:27 PM.
    06-27-09 12:22 PM
    Seems like all i've seen are "trade my storm for a tour" threads!!

99.5% of the time when a cust comes into our store dissatisfied with a phone we check many things!
    How long have you been under contract with THIS phone! It doesn't matter if you've been with s 10 years or 1 year. We're talking about the current contract.
    How many replacements have you had? Has the acct been heavily remarked with known issues you're having?
    Have there been calls into customer service about satisfaction with device?
    Is the customer being hostile? If you start to disrespect me on the sales floor while iam trying to determine what route I want to go with you, your doors will shut VERY fast.
    How many lines are on the acct? what are they paying to the company monthly? Is there another upgrade avail on the acct?

From there if no upgrade is available and my mgr is not in a good mood today the only thing i could offer would be the 1-yr contract price on the phone. You still get the $70 MIR but the price of the phone will typically jump 70 dollars between a 1 and 2 yr contract.

If the cust has jumped through all the hoops and there is a known issue in dissatisfaction then we'll gladly put you into a new device.

Bottom line...the company and you will have to go to a great pain to get a "swap" out. Manager discretion will be used heavily as examples like that actually chew away at their Paychecks!
    06-27-09 06:47 PM
    I think it all depends on who you get when you call verizon - i had called 3 times and got now where - I was calling for the 4th time to get my 4th storm (a refurb) enabled, when i discovered missing pixels while on the phone with the VZ rep. I explained that I was really tired of the storm problems and asked what my chance of getting a tour instead where. She said no problem - it was the week before they were released - she said she would order my one on Monday (day of release) and it arrived at my place on Wednesday - fired it up and I am MUCH happier with my Tour versus the Storm. I did like several features of the storm, but it always seemed "unstable" to me.

4 storms since March 09 and a GREAT VZ rep, got me a phone that I am much happier with.
    07-19-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD