My hubs has the tour as well and his trackball took a poo over the last few weeks. But, the goof didn't tell me about it!

I told him that there were hundreds of ya on here with the same issue and you all got it traded out.

He went into Verizon and after an hour wait...

They told him that Verizon & BB are aware of the issue (no duh!) And Verizon has decided to wait until OCTOBER to fix everyone's at once!!!

Are you freaking kidding me???
    He was so mad he just left.

I'm going to call CS today and see if they will send him one.

Has anyone else heard this BS???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 10:14 AM
    I had issues with my trackball and I just went to a store and they replaced it with a green dot Tour. If I was you I would go back to the store and speak to the manager cause thats BS. We pay alot of money to have good working phones.
    09-13-09 10:24 AM
    Does that mean they're going to upgrade everyones phone for free?!?
    09-14-09 06:55 AM
    There BSing you BIG TIME! I would call up verizon and report that store to them, and tell them what they told you. Thats all BS

RIM already fixed the trackball issue going on close to a month already. The ones that are fixed have a green Dot on the package. I would never go back to that store if I were you. I'm serious, report that store to Verizon and tell them what they told you.
    09-14-09 08:22 AM
    I just called VZW friday. They sent me a new one out. Should be here in a few days. I am having issues with my trackball sometimes moving the opposite direction I am trying to move it. And my screen ripples if I were you I'd call Verizon's customer service and complain about that store. And talk to technical service and get a new phone.

09-14-09 08:29 AM
    The rep was misinformed, I would head back to the store, or try another one, but there is no reason they are making people wait.
    09-14-09 08:37 AM
    Hit another store or better bet is CS. They're rather accommodating. Especially if you're kind to them. You have ayear warranty. Tell them you wanna use it now as the warrant dictates.

09-14-09 08:45 AM
    Thanks everyone - I wasnt there, or I would have thrown a fit... Hubs is much more calm than i am when it comes to things like this.
    09-17-09 01:17 PM
    Yes, I would definitely file a complaint. I had a similar issue with mine constantly rebooting and the manager refused to replace it.

She simply stated they all did that. lol.

Go reputable VZW store managers ftw!
    09-17-09 02:54 PM
    another reason i am happy that we are vwz corporate customers, and i basically tell them that if they dont want to fix it they can risk their job since we spend more in verizon then they make every year =]
    09-17-09 03:15 PM
    Whenever I have an issue with a store, I just send an email to VZW which goes sraight to Retention. Within 24-48 hours, I will received a phone call and it always has given me GREAT results!

BTW, I tried to get a new Tour because my email indicator LED light wouldn't work. The store tried to tell me to call tech support to send me a refurb, I made a few calls and the CSR sent me to a store. I got a new phone AND a $30 credit on next months bill for the inconvenience,
    09-17-09 05:41 PM
    I took the phone in myself.

The tech took it into the back, came back out and said she cleaned it and fixed it.

It didnt even help.

I told her that it wasnt better and she said that she couldnt find the tool to take the tb out but that was the only issue. she also said that it was normal for the tour... She kept on bs'ing me.

Finally, I took MY tour out of my pocket and said "NO, I have a tour and it isnt like that. that one has a defective tb. you can feel the difference, you see the difference. Do you want to compare them? It needs to be replaced through the warranty... now"

She didnt say another word until she printed out the receipt saying it would be shipped to us bec they were sold out.

Whats the deal??? Seriously? Why is it such a fight?? Grrr...
    09-19-09 08:18 PM
    Spoke to a rep yesterday and when I told her the issue with the trackball she stated RIM and Verizon both admit there is an issue and they were sending me a certified like new device in which there was no trackball issue.
    09-19-09 08:25 PM
    How do you know If you have a 'new' tour with the corrected trackball or an old one with the problem? I just got mine this week, but it could still be an older model. I'm from Bell in Canada.

What's that story about the green trackball on the package that I read in this thread?
    09-19-09 08:33 PM
    I took the phone in myself.

The tech took it into the back, came back out and said she cleaned it and fixed it.

It didnt even help.

I told her that it wasnt better and she said that she couldnt find the tool to take the tb out but that was the only issue. she also said that it was normal for the tour... She kept on bs'ing me.

Finally, I took MY tour out of my pocket and said "NO, I have a tour and it isnt like that. that one has a defective tb. you can feel the difference, you see the difference. Do you want to compare them? It needs to be replaced through the warranty... now"

She didnt say another word until she printed out the receipt saying it would be shipped to us bec they were sold out.

Whats the deal??? Seriously? Why is it such a fight?? Grrr...
    They tried to give me a refurb, so I got on the phone. Found a store do give me a new one, but it took 2 hours!
    09-19-09 08:45 PM
    I once worked for Verizon and still have friends there. I was informed that the Stores have to lower there return ratio. Therefore, Verizon does not want to exchange phones. We as Customers need to band together and flood Customer Service (611) and bombard them with complaints BEFORE we go to the store. Cause escalations and report the stores that are giving us a hard time to (611). The reason I keep stressing Customer Service (611) is because they usually try to provide One-Stop resolution since they have there on inventory and are not affected by a return ratio. Besides they don't like repeat customers. CALL THEM LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE!!!! This works, we all need to do this!
    09-19-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD