I'm just wondering if its a software or hardware issue?
    10-01-09 05:16 PM
    When the trackball defects does it feel like you're running your finger over butter? If so, mine just went out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 05:21 PM
    hardware...
    10-01-09 05:33 PM
    I have have that happen on my Tour from time to time and figured it was something on my finger. It has just went back to normal if I turned it a different way. A couple friends of mine have had their phones replaced by VZN for that very issue free of charge, so I am wondering if it is more of a "known" hardware issue.
    10-01-09 05:34 PM
    Type "Tour trackball" in the search bar.
    10-01-09 06:22 PM
    it's hardware for sure. swap it out and you won't regret it
    10-01-09 07:43 PM
    the consensus thus far indicates hardware
    10-01-09 07:44 PM
    the consensus thus far indicates hardware

+1 because it IS hardware lol
    10-01-09 08:04 PM
    I'm just wondering if its a software or hardware issue?
    Vzw said its hardware. Got a replacement after 3 months. The tb was fine when I got the original, then it suddenly started freaking out whe rolling left and right.

The replacement tb is great but noticed the old one was sloppy compared to the new one so I do believe its hardware.

Get a replacement!

10-01-09 08:46 PM
    Oh my god!

10-01-09 08:58 PM
    just was at the verizon store yesterday for a trackball problem and they are sending me a replacement phone free of charge but apparantly the replacement is a refurbish or as the verizon guy called it a factory renewed phone
    10-01-09 09:53 PM
    Oh my god!

I totally agree, I quit using crackberry.com unfortunately because so much of this same bull****...my tracball, my green dot, my battery door...dang its annoying....
    10-01-09 10:16 PM
    I totally agree, I quit using crackberry.com unfortunately because so much of this same bull****...my tracball, my green dot, my battery door...dang its annoying....
    Well u just used it....lol..jk..yah I feel u...but to answer the OP's question..I've experienced that's it both...BUT...if you do feel the trackball physically different as it rolls one way and feels different another..than no OS can fix that..I don't know but it seems that some people can't tell how obvious it is when its their trackball or their software...really..is it that hard?..idk maybe its just me.
    10-01-09 10:22 PM
    my trackball isnt as responsive with 5.0
    10-01-09 10:27 PM
    my trackball isnt as responsive with 5.0
    Well there goes my solution...lol...well it worked for some and it certainly worked for me..lol
    10-01-09 10:59 PM
    What is a trackball?
    10-02-09 03:49 AM
    seriously? its the little ball on your phone....
    10-02-09 04:15 AM
    I just got my 5th Tour since its release...
    ... does anyone know how to tell the date of manufacture to know if this latest is some refurb crap or a new one with the bug fixed?

And who cares if this is HW or SW... RIM blew it on this device. Its wasn't ready for prime time.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 10-02-09 at 08:12 AM.
    10-02-09 08:07 AM
    i wouldn't know exactly, but im thinking the manufacture date should be on the box, the side that has the white sticker with where it was made, the ESN and the device's PIN. I still have my original box at home but as im a fair distance from my house i cannot be sure
    10-02-09 08:11 AM
    Oh come on Bryant, go home and check it for me. (I joke.)

Yeah, I looked all over the box and behind the battery on the phone... either I'm blind, its an encoded manufacture date, or its not there.

If anyone knows please clue me in.

Incidentally, just from using the new phone for the past few minutes, this ball is WAY better/different than the last 4 Tours have been. This ball has more traction, more like the Curve (IMO). I'm hoping this is the end of the drama and I can begin to like this phone finally.
    10-02-09 08:21 AM
    I too would like to find a way to know the manufacture date... but then that would be too easy.
    10-02-09 09:36 AM
    Then don't come here. This forum is for BB users to get information. Not everyone knows about the search function. If you aren't going to help the OP, then why post? Quit being so anal...its only "teh interwebz"
    Dang its annoying...

As for the OP, its DEFINITELY a hardware issue. I ordered mine on July 12th and the trackball has sucked since day one. I've been trying to live with it, but I can't anymore. I'm going to the Sprint store today to try and return it.

10-02-09 10:07 AM
    Well there goes my solution...lol...well it worked for some and it certainly worked for me..lol
    I guess we would just have to wait for the official software upgrade release, and then we can decided if its a software o hardware issue.
    10-02-09 02:52 PM
    So why lose your mind over repetitive post topics; who cares. Just ignore them. No one is forcing anyone to read not to mention respond to them. I see topics everyday that I will not even open because it's the same old stuff and I do not feel the least bit compelled to respond to them. Very strange........
    10-02-09 04:35 PM
    I thought mine went dead yesterday. All of a sudden I couldn't scroll down at all.. as some1 else put it it kind of felt like butter smoothness when scrolling down. My friend told me to lick my finger and scroll and honestly it actually worked and went back to normal.

I was all pissed not being able to scroll down at all, and that trick did the job!
    10-02-09 09:30 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD