I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the trackball in their phone falling back a little into their phone. I have no issue with using the ball, it actually works completely fine, the only hindrance is the fact that it's starting to go into the phone and makes it a little more difficult to scroll because it presses in while scrolling. Clicking also is getting tough because it pushes in to the point where it is almost flush with the phone.

If anyone has the issue, is there an easy way to cure it? I doubt I can get a free replacement phone for an issue that only affects me ergonomically.
    09-15-09 05:35 PM
    Maybe a new trackball, or something. Try cleaning it as well.
    09-15-09 05:41 PM
    I suggest you take it in and have a tech look at it... Something may have failed side. I have not heard of the track ball going that far down when not being pushed. With the track ball click not working well, could be another internal failure....

Let us know what u find out...
    09-15-09 05:46 PM
    My refurb was like that sent it back doesn't scroll as nice as higher set ones. Your right your finger does brush the blackberry and back buttons quite annoying. Just get another the fact that your posting proves it annoys you and your looking for direction. We need to show RIM we won't put up with it! hope this helps brutha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:49 PM
    Yea there's most likely something wrong inside, replacing the trackball will doubtly do anything!
    09-15-09 05:50 PM
    Yeah I'll be on my way to the Verizon store this week. I've had my BB for about 2 weeks, so I'm well under the 30 day window; shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement.
    Do they transfer everything over when you get a new BB? Apps, PIN, numbers, pictures, etc?
    09-15-09 06:21 PM
    Verizon and rim take no responsibility but do the device transfer wizard before you take your phone in and don't close it down till you bring your new one back home to complete transfer I assume this works otherwise you have to do it a more complicated way sometimes easier to redownload apps. This is with the desktop manager software it came with. Otherwise standard backups won't back up apps. Paid apps will need new pins from new phone so u have to do that through crackberry if u bought it here otherwise contact developers of that program. That's why I will only buy through crackberry now lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 06:53 PM
    I'd back everything up with Desktop Manager just in case.
    09-15-09 06:54 PM
    I think this is one of the issues addressed in a thread where a guy opened the entire phone and placed a piece of a business card under the entire trackball assembly to raise it up. That thread may have been moved to the FAQ or it just dropped down.

Be warned - opening the phone could void your warranty and some folks have broken the plastic tabs on the top piece.
    09-15-09 06:56 PM
    My green dot tour was pushed back it sucks!
    09-15-09 11:35 PM
    Ugh this just happened to me and I've had the phone less than a week. Looks like I'm going to make a stop into the verizon store tomorrow afternoon to ***** and moan while they fix it.
    09-16-09 12:56 AM
    i also have the problem where my trackball goes almost flush when i push down on it to click or just when i push down gently to scroll, I have not returned it since i have been waiting for the tours to get all the probs fixed and then get a replacement. I called sprint a min ago and the lady told me the do not give phones out anymore??? What is that!! I spent 500 bucks on this phone and pay insurance every month and thats whats up? Ive read other posts where people have called and told them there issue and bang they get a new replacement idk if they are just saying that or is that all i have to do? I work so i dont have time to go to the store and calling for a replacement would be the way to go for me
    09-17-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD