my track ball works good except when i need to select something by pushing it in. Is there a way to clean this or do they just go bad?
    Thanks
    05-13-10 11:31 AM
    Do you feel it click when you push it? It may just be the dome
    05-13-10 12:20 PM
    You can clean them using the Paper Strip method. It works pretty well.

I'll try to find the thread for you...

Hopefully the link works. For some reason, every time I post a link it doesn't work. If not, search for "Paper Strip method"

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=424260
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 05-13-10 at 12:31 PM.
    05-13-10 12:29 PM
    Throw it in the trash and get a BB with a trackpad.
    Trackball is old technology and regardless what you do for preventative measures.. it will eventually go bad.
    05-13-10 12:42 PM
    yeah it does click. it just started this morning. nothing unuasual. have to press it hard to select something.
    05-13-10 01:14 PM
    Don't mess with the paper strip method. The last thing you need is to get a piece of paper stuck in your trackball.

Get a piece of paper and put it down on a hard table. Then put your Tour on stanby(so you don't accidentally hit a bunch of keys) Then turn you phone over on to the paper and roll it around on the trackball lightly and it will clean it to an extent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 01:17 PM
    tried the paper methods and still does not work. it tracks very good just does not work very well when i have to push it to select something. like the sensor inside is not working properly or something.
    05-13-10 01:21 PM
    Buy rubbing alcohol wipes from CVS, Walmart, any places like that. Use the wipe the trackball, screen, keypad.

The alcohol dries immediately so liquid doesn't get into the device.

This is what I use to clean my trackball and it ALWAYS works. Hope this helped.
    05-13-10 01:38 PM
    Buy rubbing alcohol wipes from CVS, Walmart, any places like that. Use the wipe the trackball, screen, keypad.

The alcohol dries immediately so liquid doesn't get into the device.

This is what I use to clean my trackball and it ALWAYS works. Hope this helped.
    Ditto..works the best!
    05-13-10 03:22 PM
    Paper strip method always worked for me *shrug*
    05-13-10 04:33 PM
    Throw it in the trash and get a BB with a trackpad.
    Trackball is old technology and regardless what you do for preventative measures.. it will eventually go bad.
    The same can be said for any technology, even your trackpad.

Very constructive input.
    05-13-10 04:47 PM
    You can also try gently dipping a Q-Tip in alcohol...don't drown it... and clean the trackball with the Q-Tip. Quick & easy...works for me
    05-13-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD