Ok, my trackball is suddenly not moving in the downward motion. I have had the phone for 3 month's w/no problems. I have a green dot phone from verizon too, so it is not the ole defective trackball. Is there anything I can do before spending hours at the Verizon store?? I am trying to blow on it... move it around and around but nothing is working...

Thanks!!

UPDATE: tried a battery pull...it improved a little but trackball is still sticking in downward motion only!!!
    Last edited by didjaever; 11-23-09 at 08:04 AM.
    11-23-09 07:52 AM
    Hi, change it, they sell trackballs at CB store or on E-Bay. it's pretty simple you can do it. you can find videos on the web that will explain the procedure.
    11-23-09 08:30 AM
    Use the "search" feature of Crackberry.com

You'll find dozens of threads about how to clean your trackball.
    11-23-09 08:32 AM
    Push down hard on the ball and roll it around in all directions. Could just be debris in the mechanism of the ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    11-23-09 08:39 AM
    try a little rubbing alcohol on the thumb and give the trackball a good run all directions.
    11-23-09 08:51 AM
    The rubbing alcohol wipes work really well. Since you can't put too much alcohol on the trackball, the wipes control how much is going on there. I got mine at CVS
    11-23-09 11:06 AM
    Sinse you haven't had problems till now you mostlikley got dirt in your trackball. Id recommend getting some alcohol wipes and cleaning your trackball with it. I do it every couple days and haven't had any problems sense i started doing it you get get a box of 100 alcohol wipes for around $2.00s.
    11-23-09 12:28 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and tried the rubbing alcohol since it wouldn't roll upwards. Works like a charm!
    11-23-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD