Hi

So I am on my second Tour now. First one wouldn't let me press the numbers 0 or 1. The new one has fixed that problem, but I think I am having a problem with the trackball. When the phone screen comes back up after being asleep, the trackball won't move. It takes many seconds to actually work again. I haven't had this problem on any Blackberry before. What do I do? Return the phone AGAIN and try a new one, return it and wait a few months for the bugs to work out, or is there a fix for this trackball issue?

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Amy
    07-15-09 08:49 AM
    have you tried pulling the battery?
    07-15-09 08:51 AM
    My trackball worked great until I played Suduku and then it would only move object down and across not up....verizon tech did a re install and it still did not work properly...I was going to get a replacment on Friday..last night l was playing with the camera and went to pictures and all of a sudden I could scroll up...it is a mystery that the thing now works fine...should I trade it in anyway???
    07-15-09 08:55 AM
    Have not tried the battery pull yet. It doesn't happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying. Would the battery pull even address the trackball?
    07-15-09 09:14 AM
    its sounds like just the phone catching up after being asleep. can you do anything else when the trackball is being laggy? like dial a number?
    07-15-09 09:16 AM
    battery pul does somtimes help trackball issues
    07-15-09 09:29 AM
    I will try typing a number next time it does this. Then, maybe I will battery pull and see what happens. If this doesn't change things then I may have to return it. I don't know if I would get another one at this point. I am coming from a curve 8330 and do not see a huge difference in the two phones and actually have issues with some of the changes they made (ex. ringer profiles, themes, etc...) Just not in love yet, you know?
    07-15-09 09:39 AM
    I had the similiar problems at first... but I changed the scrolling sensitivity settings to 90 and it fixed my issue...
    07-15-09 09:54 AM
    I had the similiar problems at first... but I changed the scrolling sensitivity settings to 90 and it fixed my issue...
    Exactly. If it alot of people would follow this procedure, there would be alot less threads about this. I have 2 Tours and dont have a trackball issue. And People are returning TOURS to get replacements. Its going to be another horror story like the Storm was. Except this time, we have a phone that is actually Good. And Doesnt need to be returned constantly if you would just fiddle around with the settings
    07-15-09 10:00 AM
    Exactly. If it alot of people would follow this procedure, there would be alot less threads about this. I have 2 Tours and dont have a trackball issue. And People are returning TOURS to get replacements. Its going to be another horror story like the Storm was. Except this time, we have a phone that is actually Good. And Doesnt need to be returned constantly if you would just fiddle around with the settings
    exactly!
    07-15-09 10:02 AM
    Where do i go to change the scrolling sensitivity?
    07-15-09 10:05 AM
    Where do i go to change the scrolling sensitivity?
    options > Screen/Keyboard
    07-15-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah I found it. I tried that one time before and I swear all those options werent ther. But oh well it is now. Thank you.
    07-15-09 10:10 AM
    This fixed my trackball issue as well.
    07-15-09 10:12 AM
    thxs was havin similar issue but the setting thingy worked good lookin out
    07-17-09 04:56 AM
    I've maxed out my sensitivity and the horizontal still blows. it's like it gets hung up in a position and then the slightest upward stroke throws the cursor to the start of the line. It is really annoying the living crap out of me. 8830 did the same things through the first OS I had on it, then it smoothed out.

I assure you, I am extremely familiar with BB and the trackball and my issue is definitely not a sensitivity problem.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?
    07-17-09 05:52 AM
    NOT sensitivity issue. Try this. Go to an email and scroll through a paragraph. See how quickly you can get the cursor go from left to right staying on one line. On the curve it was fast and accurate. Tour trackball/cursor jumps down, up, sticks, and is very erratic.
    07-17-09 07:31 AM
    NOT sensitivity issue. Try this. Go to an email and scroll through a paragraph. See how quickly you can get the cursor go from left to right staying on one line. On the curve it was fast and accurate. Tour trackball/cursor jumps down, up, sticks, and is very erratic.
    hmm.. i can scroll left to right as fast as greased lightning.... and stay on the same line...
    07-17-09 08:17 AM
    I tried changing mine to 90 but it scrolls like it's on crack, you have to be too careful just to go to the very next icon. My first Tour was alot better but I'm with you about replacing all the time.
    07-17-09 08:18 AM
    My first one wouldn't scroll from left to right without lag. Exchanged it, and second one works well.
    07-17-09 08:19 AM
    hmm.. i can scroll left to right as fast as greased lightning.... and stay on the same line...
    Even scrolling through a paragraph? Ok...that does it, I'm going in for a replacement.
    07-17-09 08:22 AM
    Even scrolling through a paragraph? Ok...that does it, I'm going in for a replacement.
    yes.. honestly... as soon as I tweaked the sensitivity... I can scroll like a mad man... super duper fast...

sounds like you need a replacement...
    07-17-09 08:23 AM
    Give it some time there is an update actually coming next month that will address "wake-up lag". If you cant wait that long then switch the phone, your satisfaction is most important. I would call anyway and have it on file that you're having this problem.

Good luck.
    07-17-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD