"it is NOT software related. If so, then even replacement phone would not work."

The above assumes that all of the software on every phone out there is identical. This may not be the case.
    Anyway given that on some phones the ball works fine in some apps and not in others indicates that at least part of the issue is indeed software, no?
    08-07-09 11:28 AM
    the problem with the trackball is not software at all. i have firsthand experience and it is a mechanical issue.
    08-07-09 11:36 PM
    the problem with the trackball is not software at all. i have firsthand experience and it is a mechanical issue.
    My issue was different..

The ONLY problem I was having with my Tour was the horizontal scroll was very hit or miss...but it wasnt enough to return it.

Last night I moved the sensitivity on the just the horizontal to 90 and man what a difference...no more problem
    08-07-09 11:39 PM
    If the issue is in fact software related, then I would think all of us would be experiencing the issue as we are all running the same os/platform build. For the sake of argument, let's say that it is software. When this "fix" comes out, what will happen to those of us who have a trackball which works properly in all directions? Will the software know? If so, how? I just don't see it. Just my .02
    08-08-09 12:22 AM
    So it's operator error when my trackball wouldn't PHYSICALLY roll to the right immediately when I left the store?

Give me a break.

actually yes. its still RIM/Blackberry's fault. but software update seems to be coming soon so wait and it should be corrected.
    08-08-09 02:37 AM
    Believe me, I wanted to check before I left the store. Unfortunately, I got there to get my phone replaced at 8:15pm. For whatever reason, it took them an hour and a half to replace my phone, so by the time I got my new one they were closed. They pretty much pushed me out the door when they gave me my phone, and shut the gate behind me.

Going tomorrow to get it replaced again, this time to a different store where I hope the people are a little more professional. Third time's a charm, hopefully.
    That just goes to show that CS isn't what it used to be. I remember when I could go get help and even if the problem took two hours to fix, they'd get it done before going home.
    Unless there's no other store as close/just about as close, that's the last time I'd go to that particular Verizon store.
    08-08-09 09:10 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD