It seems over the last 2 weeks that my trackball has been getting worse and worse. So I went to a Verizon store and they told me it was an OS problem, and that I had to bite my lip until Verizon officially released the new OS. I heard some people were given new phones when they had this problem? Am I getting a raw deal by biting my lip and waiting? Or should Verizon give me a proper working phone?
    10-14-09 02:04 PM
    It seems over the last 2 weeks that my trackball has been getting worse and worse. So I went to a Verizon store and they told me it was an OS problem, and that I had to bite my lip until Verizon officially released the new OS. I heard some people were given new phones when they had this problem? Am I getting a raw deal by biting my lip and waiting? Or should Verizon give me a proper working phone?
    that ridiculous. go back and if they say the same thing, ask for a supervisor. thats a raw deal and a half.
    10-14-09 02:09 PM
    Just call the customer service line. They knew of the problematic trackballs and replaced mine with no questions.
    10-14-09 02:14 PM
    the rep was probably trying to save himself some time or his company some money. If you trackball was having an issue they should have given you a new phone. **** I got a new phone once because the keypad would only half work some of the time. pretty similar problem.
    10-14-09 02:15 PM
    Walked in the Verizon store and the guy never even asked to look at mine. Just took the number, looked up the account and arranged to have a new one mailed.
    10-14-09 02:16 PM
    Hmm Put Some Glue And Make Sure Its Broken Then Return It
    10-14-09 02:17 PM
    Walked in the Verizon store and the guy never even asked to look at mine. Just took the number, looked up the account and arranged to have a new one mailed.
    +1 I never even took it out of my bag. Try another store, call, or go back to the same one and ask for a supervisor.
    10-14-09 02:24 PM
    I had my phone for about 5-6 weeks, and all of the sudden the trackball failed to scroll left and right. That is NOT an OS problem, it's a hardware problem.

I returned mine to vzw, and without any problem, they had a refurb phone sent to me. I have had this phone now for about 5 weeks, and I Love it! Some people might think I'm dumb for accepting a refurb for a practically new phone, but I don't care, cause this refurb is way better than my original ever was.

So if you're suffering the same fate, and bit your lip, you need to go back and get things straigtened out, and don't be afraid of the refurbished units. Batt cover is tight, no problems with anything.
    10-14-09 03:02 PM
    Even if it truly was an OS upgrade, that OS "Fix" is not currently available, so they should do something to honor that.
    10-14-09 03:04 PM
    To get actual "customer service", make sure you go to an actual Verizon Wireless store. Stay away from those 3rd party "Wireless Zones" and whatnot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD