My phone was working just fine earlier, and as of tonight I cant use my trackball to push down and select something. It doesnt matter how hard I push down-- it WILL NOT recognize that I am doing so. I can go up, down, left and right.

Its driving me crazy. And it's a little annoying because I bought my Tour in August and had to have it replace immediately out of the box because of a trackball issue.....

Any options? I'm with Verizon, and I reallly hate to go into Verizon but I can if I need to. Will they replace it in store or am I going to have to file an insurance claim? (I'd rather just file an insurance claim if that's what they'd do in store anyways, even though Im a little annoyed at paying the $50 all because of another trackball issue to move to my 3rd Tour)

Thanks!!!
    11-30-09 04:48 PM
    if the trackball is defective now, no you will not have to file an insurance claim as the phone is not broken, lost, or stolen. so dont worry about paying no 50 bucks.

you have a 1 year warranty on the phone from the first day you bought it. any defects hard wear related like your trackball now, they will replace with another Tour if in fact verizon cant fix it themselfs.

you can either go into a store to change it out, or call verizon at *611 ..I always call verizon when I have a problem as its much easier to do. They always just Fed-Ex a new phone out to you in 2 days.
    11-30-09 04:56 PM
    if the trackball is defective now, no you will not have to file an insurance claim as the phone is not broken, lost, or stolen. so dont worry about paying no 50 bucks.

you have a 1 year warranty on the phone from the first day you bought it. any defects hard wear related like your trackball now, they will replace with another Tour if in face verizon cant fix it themselfs.

you can either go into a store to change it out, or call verizon at *611 ..I always call verizon when I have a problem as its much easier to do. They always just Fed-Ex a new phone out to you in 2 days.
    Thank you very much I can deal with just pressing 'enter' for a couple days if they fed ex me a new phone! I appreciate it!
    11-30-09 04:57 PM
    Thank you very much I can deal with just pressing 'enter' for a couple days if they fed ex me a new phone! I appreciate it!
    no problem. Just make sure when you get the new phone in the mail, just dont forget to mail back ur old phone in the box the new one came in.
    11-30-09 04:57 PM
    This exact same thing happened to me right after the Alabama/LSU game, except that it would work if I pressed very hard... I got used to pressing enter over the last few weeks, and then magically it just started working normally again yesterday; it was strange. Any clues as to why it would do that? I figure something was lodged under the trackball that just eventually worked itself out
    11-30-09 05:06 PM
    BTW insurance replacements are $89 not $50. I went to go start an insurance claim for my trackball, got to the pay screen, and it started working perfectly. Odd.

I took the battery out and rolled it face down on a clean sheet of white paper. Rolled it up/down/left/right and in a circle. i also pressed down with some force.
    11-30-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD