I read somewhere in the forums that Sprint's Tours are already unlocked. I've also seen some threads with instructions on how to unlock a Sprint Tour. Which is it? I'm going overseas and was going to call Sprint for the code but hopefully I won't need to. Here's what my Tour says....looks unlocked to me. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

SIM Card: Security Disabled

Personalization:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    09-04-09 03:45 AM
    Best way to confirm is to stick another sim in it and then attempt to connect to that sims network. If it works its unlocked if it doesn't then you need to call sprint.
    09-04-09 03:46 AM
    If Network is Disabled, that means it is unlocked.
    09-04-09 03:49 AM
    My first tour was locked. So I called sprint to have the phone unlocked. Then my second tour was unlocked right out of the box. As far as I know they were all supposed to be unlocked when they were shipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 05:51 AM
    I read somewhere in the forums that Sprint's Tours are already unlocked. I've also seen some threads with instructions on how to unlock a Sprint Tour. Which is it? I'm going overseas and was going to call Sprint for the code but hopefully I won't need to. Here's what my Tour says....looks unlocked to me. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

SIM Card: Security Disabled

Personalization:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    If that is what your phone says, then it is INDEED UNLOCKED.

As long as NETWORK says DISABLED, then your phone is unlocked.
    09-04-09 05:53 AM
    some of the first phones were locked. However, they're all unlocked now.
    09-04-09 10:02 AM
    Great question,I was wondering this too.
    09-04-09 01:09 PM
    the date on my tour is 07/23/09 and it was unlocked. My friend just got his and his build date was 08/??/09. It may be safe to "guess" that tours after 07/09 are unlocked. There is a thread to get to the unlock screen and from that screen you can see if it's locked or unlocked. try searching.
    09-04-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah I got mine unlocked as well and I"ve had my 2nd TOur for about 2 weeks now, my 1st Tour wasn't unlocked but I got the 2nd Tour at a Sprint store and i got the 1st one through Account Services
    09-04-09 05:18 PM
    Mine came unlocked

09-04-09 08:38 PM
    where do you find that information at on your phone?
    Last edited by jimmysvt; 09-04-09 at 09:41 PM.
    09-04-09 08:47 PM
    the date on my tour is 07/23/09 and it was unlocked. My friend just got his and his build date was 08/??/09. It may be safe to "guess" that tours after 07/09 are unlocked. There is a thread to get to the unlock screen and from that screen you can see if it's locked or unlocked. try searching.
    mine was built on 7/14 and its defently locked
    09-04-09 09:25 PM
    I got my first on release day, it wasn't unlocked. Just got a new one and it came unlocked.

09-05-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD