I was at a stag on Saturday night. Long story short my Tour ended up sitting in a glass of gin and tonic up to just below the trackball for about 15 mins until I noticed it there. It turned off and would not turn on after like 10 batt pulls. eventually it flashed the clock on the screen a few times then bbm came up for a random second. I gave up on it threw it in the pocket and went on with my night. The next morning two batt pulls and all is well works like new. The best part is all the stickers that change color when wet are still fine none changed color because it was not submerged enough.

Totally Useless post just thought id share it with you guys
    08-10-09 10:42 PM
    That's funny because i was gonna start a thread stating the same thing

I purchased a New Lawn Mower that i had to take back

I was informed by the store that i needed to drain all the liquids out of the Mower before i could bring it back

While i was listening to Slacker Radio on my phone i got a call from a friend

While talking on the phone i made a mistake and dropped my phone in a bowl of oil

I quickly got off the phone wiped off the phone and began to take questions from people who asked all day do you smell oil

I called My Provider and they informed me that i was covered from liquid damage

My wife suggested that i grab some wet wipes and lightly wipe the phone and wait a couple of days before taking it back

I was very reluctant because this is my second tour and up until Oilgate i had no problems with the second tour

i'm happy to say we ogt rid of the oil smell and all is well in blackberry land
    08-10-09 11:18 PM
    wow sounds like good luck to me. Gin and tonic huh phone has good taste

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 11:26 PM
    I'm sure that's not all that happened at the stag party, but those stories are for a different forum

Glad the phone's still working well!
    08-10-09 11:29 PM
    Good to hear your phone's still working!
    08-11-09 12:05 AM
    Long story short my Tour ended up sitting in a glass of gin and tonic up to just below the trackball for about 15 mins until I noticed it there.
    What kind of gin was it?
    08-11-09 12:06 AM
    Must have been good his phone drank it all and left no evidance behind. Oh stag parties so much fun to many rules to tell stories or share pictures

08-11-09 12:09 AM
    Looks like our battery covers aren't so loose after all, huh?

08-11-09 12:14 AM
    If ur phone gets wet u should be pullin the battery asap and letting the phone dry out in a container of rice. Electricity doesnt flow very well when there is liquid on the circuitry it is trying to go through.
    08-11-09 01:43 AM
    What is a stag party?

08-11-09 03:17 AM
    What is a stag party?

It is a bachelor party. In other countries, such as England and Canada, they call it a stag party for men and a hen party for women.

(I can't believe that I actually answered this question, lol)
    08-11-09 03:23 AM
    That's funny because i was gonna start a thread stating the same thing

I purchased a New Lawn Mower that i had to take back

I was informed by the store that i needed to drain all the liquids out of the Mower before i could bring it back

While i was listening to Slacker Radio on my phone i got a call from a friend

While talking on the phone i made a mistake and dropped my phone in a bowl of oil

I quickly got off the phone wiped off the phone and began to take questions from people who asked all day do you smell oil

I called My Provider and they informed me that i was covered from liquid damage

My wife suggested that i grab some wet wipes and lightly wipe the phone and wait a couple of days before taking it back

I was very reluctant because this is my second tour and up until Oilgate i had no problems with the second tour

i'm happy to say we ogt rid of the oil smell and all is well in blackberry land
    Kind of funny a few yeas ago I dunked my razor when I was changing oil in a large generator, work fine just took forever to clean and still would sweat oil out for quite a while

08-11-09 03:48 AM
    I wonder how it would have fared if it had been submerged in my favorite drink, Hennessy & Apple Juice.
    08-11-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD