I guess I'm and odd one. I love my curve and especially the keyboard. If the tour had the curve keyboard I would jump on it... Now, wit the 5.0, the curve is awesome... I like my keys separate.
    10-09-09 08:45 PM
    Not even close.

Coming from an 8330... Every bit worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:54 PM
    I had the Curve, and then got the Bold(my Bold literately died and never came back on. Till this day don't know what happened to it) and now I have the Tour I have to be honest I prefer the Curve keyboard. I find the Tour keys to be a little to "flat" for my taste I find I make more typing mistakes. But I wouldn't go back to the Curve the screen is dated and hard on the eyes. The Tour's screen and display is gorgeous. The Tour's OS is also snappier and the picture quality is WAY better than the Curve. If you can get an upgrade at a decent price go for it otherwise wait until your eligible for a rebate.
    10-09-09 10:09 PM
    i just got my tour a couple days ago, was very happy with my 8330. but i had a chance to play with a co-workers bold a year ago, and wanted one of those for ever.. but didnt want AT&T.

when the tour came out (before actually) i knew i had to have it... i waited as long as possible, knew all the possible problems i would/could have, and waited to see if repairs/replacements where in the works, then i took the plunge.. glad i did.

i didnt think i'd miss my curves keyboard, but i do.. and i'll do all you one better (or worse) i wish these things had the pearls keyboard lol.. i loved my pearl but the screen was way to small for my liking.

get the tour, try it out, if you dont like it.. send it back with in the return time.. i see more tours popping up, find someones and try it out... its not a bad device.

cheers
    10-10-09 03:11 AM
    I was very hesitant to change from my curve, but I am loving the tour. Glad I made the switch.

10-10-09 07:40 AM
    If all you're considering is comparing it to the Curve, go ahead and get the Tour. My wife has an 8330 and it doesn't come close to the Tour (unless you're comparing bootup times).

Now, if you're going to have to use your upgrade and be stuck for the next year or two, I'd say wait. The next batch of phones seem to all have WiFi along with a trackpad instead of trackball.
    10-10-09 09:03 AM
    Every once in a while I miss my Curve, but I would never actually go back to it.
    10-10-09 10:12 AM
    if you can deal with the worst trackball experience you will ever have then sure. one good thing i had with my curve was that when the trackball started functioning at a level i didn't like (a few weeks) i could replace it myself. with the tour you don't have that option. love everything else about the phone (except the two times it crashed and i had to wipe it). alas, the trackball is making me want to try out the storm 2.
    10-10-09 10:39 AM
    If all you're considering is comparing it to the Curve, go ahead and get the Tour. My wife has an 8330 and it doesn't come close to the Tour (unless you're comparing bootup times).

Now, if you're going to have to use your upgrade and be stuck for the next year or two, I'd say wait. The next batch of phones seem to all have WiFi along with a trackpad instead of trackball.
    trackpad ftl
    10-11-09 12:25 PM
    i was forced to go back to my curve just this past friday due to an insurance claim i had to file for my tour (my fault...not the device). its killing me. cant wait to get my tour back. big difference.
    10-11-09 12:59 PM
    I had the tour 10 days and returned it to Sprint and went back to my Curve.
    1) Boot time of the Tour was agonizingly slow.
    2) The keyboard and trackball response gradually got more and more sluggish.
    3) On day 10 things got really wonky. The "n" key would lock the keyboard. Even after whiping the Tour the keyboard was weird.
    4) EVDO Rev A wasn't "that" much faster than the Curve's EVDO.
    5) The ringer profiles of the Tour were not customizable compared to the Curve's.
    6) Bluetooth audio level from the "other person's" perspective is low.
    i disagree on some aspects..
    1- not much more that a curve, and i run twice as many apps on my tour.
    2- i havent noticed that at all.. alternatively, the trackball has gotten smoother on my tour.
    3- i definitely would have returned it for a new tour.. not a normal occurance.
    4- its not like going from a pentium to a centrino2.. but there is a difference. you might have had too high of expectations.
    5- this is an OS bug.. the new OS's dont have that problem
    6- you are right about the bluetooth, but i think its a firmware problem as well.

i know, to each their own.. the curve is definitely a workhorse, so i cant fault you for that.
    10-11-09 01:16 PM
    I know there have been lots of threads like this. I have 1 year old curve on vzw. Works just fine. Wish browser was better, but asside from that, ok.

Was lusting after tour before it came out, but after reading posts, not so sure it's the best thing since sliced bread that I wished it was. Seems to have some issues. Not knocking it, everything has issues and the grass isn't usually greener on the other side of the fence.

I don't need to upgrade, waiting to see what happens with storm 2 and also if curve 8900 comes out with wifi this year. Really would like wifi on my next phone.

Are there really build and quality issues with the tour? Does it need a rev of the OS? I see a whole thread for people who can't connect via bluetooth in their car! Plus it's a hassle moving things over and setting things up, I don't want to do so if it's not going to be a keeper.

Anyone try out the tour and say, 'nah, not enough better than the curve to keep it?'
    TOUR....TOUR....TOUR!!!! i have had almost every single blackberry, and TOUR is by FAR the best. The least amount of problems, the best style, screen, look, feel, and anything else you can think of. The TOUR SMOKES any other BB
    10-11-09 01:37 PM
    I wouldn't go back to the Curve. I play with my wife's, and it is frustrating how slow it is.
    10-11-09 02:11 PM
    My Curve 8330 just suffered water damage, so I had to get a new phone. I chose the Tour. I've only had it for one day, but I love it.

10-14-09 02:51 AM
    I was eligible for an upgrade and I had a Curve 8330. I bit the bullet and got a Motorola Droid Devour yesterday. That was THE WORST 24 hours of my life. I returned that phone this morning and had them turn my Curve back on. It was cheaper for me to upgrade via the web so I ordered a Tour 9630 today and should have it in a couple days.

After the last 24 hours of hating my life with the Devour, I'm nervous reading all the problems with the Tour and OS 5 (which comes standard now on the Tour I just upgraded to).

I really only use my phone to text, call, take pics, get emails, facebook and occasionally google, weather channel... your simple basic web surfing. Am I freakin' out before I really need to? I'm so overly in love with the ease of my Curve and thinking about another hellish experience is just not something I look forward to.
    04-14-10 02:22 PM
    had curve and loved it, upgraded to tour and love it more (4.7) gave me wife curve and turned her on to bb (great starter phone) so now when she and tour is sleeping i can still cheat allittle on them with the curve
    04-14-10 02:31 PM
    I had 3 Tours and hated everyone of them. I had alot of software problems out of them like freezing up, e-mail not working on any of them, and would not connect to the Internet. So I just went back to a brand new Curve 8330 and it worked like a charm and have had no problems since!
    04-25-10 08:07 AM
    Lol....I am on my third tour in a week. My original tour gets way too hot and the battery dies fast...the second one had a stuck trackball and the third one freezes and reboots. Sprint said I was being picky I have another tour coming tomorrow...maybe this one will be "the one" for me...I miss my curve...lol...

04-25-10 08:44 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD