I've read a lot of posts about the Tour not coming on but the LED light turns on. Well nothing happens with my tour. The LED does not come on, screen does not come on. Nothing. Never been touched by water. Please if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    04-10-11 09:19 PM
    I've read a lot of posts about the Tour not coming on but the LED light turns on. Well nothing happens with my tour. The LED does not come on, screen does not come on. Nothing. Never been touched by water. Please if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    This might be a dumb question... but is the battery charged? This is a coincidence, but I decided to pick up my Tour for the first time in months earlier tonight and the battery was dead from sitting. The red led would light for a few seconds, then nothing. I plugged in the charger and after pressing the power button a few times I finally got a large battery icon on the screen. This stayed on until the phone had charged for a little while, then the phone powered on.
    04-11-11 01:45 AM
    This might be a dumb question... but is the battery charged? This is a coincidence, but I decided to pick up my Tour for the first time in months earlier tonight and the battery was dead from sitting. The red led would light for a few seconds, then nothing. I plugged in the charger and after pressing the power button a few times I finally got a large battery icon on the screen. This stayed on until the phone had charged for a little while, then the phone powered on.
    Yes, battery is charged. The red light does not come on when plugged in either. I even switched it out with a battery that I know was completely charged from another tour I have.
    04-11-11 05:56 AM
    No one has any idea at all?
    04-11-11 01:56 PM
    04-11-11 02:03 PM
    I looked at that and it says totally dead but nothing really for it. Is there no hope? There is no sign of life in this thing. I even tried it with a good battery and it still doesn't work.
    04-11-11 02:52 PM
    Take it back to your company store, maybe they can do something for you. I managed to get my old Tour back from the dead with the thread i posted for you. But maybe a store visit would be better for your phone.
    04-11-11 03:37 PM
    Try another battery. I just had a battery go bad and the red LED would come on and thats about it.
    Battery worked for me.
    04-12-11 03:01 PM
    Let me start over. I have a Tour that does not have any sign of life. I have tried two different batterys with it. Both of which work in my other Tour. When I plug it in, it does nothing. NO red LED light. NO white screen. No anything. When I put the battery in, the unit will get warm but still do nothing. I can't plug it in to the computer because it doesn't come on at all to be detacted via usb.

In the "How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry?" It has one thing saying if it's completely dead(mine) then you can always try the "last ditch technique". Does this mean to just throw it away? What does it mean by this?
    04-12-11 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD