I read reviews online and they complain about how Tour Web Browser is lagging behind compared to Pre, IPhone and Windows Mobile.

Is it true?

Also, about Opera Mini.

Do most of you use Opera Mini since the Blackberry browser sucks(if it does) ?
    How is your experience with Opera Mini and the experience of web-browsing overall.

Now that you use web-browsing on your Blackberry - do you use your laptop and desktop less?

I spent time watching YouTube - will Blackberry replace the need for me to use a PC to watch my videos.

Thank you.
    07-15-09 04:40 PM
    No phone is going to replace a computer. Ever. None of them could replace it in the way of videos either.

The Blackberry Browser is much improved. The reviews all say it lags behind the competition, and it does, but it's really not that bad. I have to say I was very impressed with it. I still use Opera Mini though. Opera Mini is ridiculously fast and does the job well. Web browsing is enjoyable on my phone, whether it be with the stock browser, Opera, or Bolt.
    07-15-09 04:41 PM
    opera mini and bolt do a great job and the bb browser isn't that bad....

skyfire is around the corner..

in a realistic sense the future of mobile browsers is going to be a 3rd party company spending all there time on it...
    07-15-09 04:43 PM
    Great,
    about what is your experience with YouTube on Blackberry Tour?

It is pretty fast and non-laggy?

I watch videos, and it would be cool to be in a car and watch a video especially in locations where I do not have wi-fi for my laptop.

Does it load videos quick and plays them in a smooth way?
    07-15-09 04:47 PM
    I watch youtube vids all the time at work on my bb. They load quick and rarely lag. Quality could be better though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:53 PM
    That is great!

Thank you! I have already researched and people recommed Vision program for BB to watch youtube videos as it allows you to get access to high-quality videos.

Thanks for reply bro!
    07-15-09 04:58 PM
    Great to hear that it rarely lags and load quick
    07-15-09 04:59 PM
    I read reviews online and they complain about how Tour Web Browser is lagging behind compared to Pre, IPhone and Windows Mobile.

Is it true?

Also, about Opera Mini.

Do most of you use Opera Mini since the Blackberry browser sucks(if it does) ?
    How is your experience with Opera Mini and the experience of web-browsing overall.

Now that you use web-browsing on your Blackberry - do you use your laptop and desktop less?

I spent time watching YouTube - will Blackberry replace the need for me to use a PC to watch my videos.

Thank you.
    +1 for the skyfire mentions. Hearing great things about this. I also agree that third party browser will be the ones that most use simply because of their focus on them.

I really think people can expect to much out of their phone browsers. Safari and I am sure the new pre os browser will be nice, but the improvements to the BB browser are nice as well. Not the same, by any means, but there is an improvement.
    Do I use my desktop and laptop less because of browsing on my cell phone. Not really. I meant technically you could say that I have looked some things up on my phone that I might have done on my desktop, but overall, no. I can not see a small phone being a desktop replacement.

for the record...I use to use Mini and Bolt with my Curve. With the Tour, I am only using the BB browser and have not had any issues as of yet. I am definitely waiting on Skyfire though.

If you are only getting a phone for browsing purposes and do not care to wait on 3rd party apps, I would say go with the Iphone or Pre.
    07-15-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD