[The] [Tour is] not even worth [getting,] its a low end [phone]!!! [The] [Curve] 8900 [and] [Bold] 9000 is [the] way [to] go!!! Its wi-fi less!!!! haha
    -10. Fail. They're comparable devices, on different networks.
    I see this as being the "workhorse" VZW Blackberry ... maybe not glitzy, but the solid device that a ton of people end up using.
    +1. I agree completely. This phone is NOT aimed at the general public (thank the lord). It's for us business users that use the phone for what it's made for; You *can* do more than just dial phone numbers and send texts.
    07-17-09 01:56 PM
    i wondered why that was too. i think that this phone should be vz's new flagship. i mean, its a global phone which is huge considering the fact that cdma is really a NA network only. i think this would appeal to a larger business group
    07-17-09 01:57 PM
    I think RIMM would have a hard time defining a target audience for a mass ad campaign.

8 years ago, if you asked the question "who uses a BB?", you would get "business people" as an answer. Today, there really is no "typical" BB user. This makes marketing much harder.

If they targeted the same audience they did with the Storm (younger generation, most likely iphone users), they could alienate the typical business user.

If they targeted the business set, then they could alienate the younger "hip" generation.

RIMM is at a very interesting point. It appears to me that the younger generation is really becoming attracted to what has been a predominantly business use device. And I would imagine that the number of non-business first time BB users is increasing faster as compared to business users.

Old fashioned word of mouth seems to be working extremely well for RIMM.
    07-17-09 02:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD