Aight I know alot of Storm users got the Tour when it came out. Before the Tour came out I really wanted the Storm but I was waiting on the Alltel/VZW merger to be completed. Well the Tour happened to come out the day the merger was complete. I think I may have got caught up in the hype on here about the launch of the Tour. I missed the touch screen. I had a Treo before I went to the BB World. My question is for the people who owned Storms, how did you like it and what do you like more about the Tour compared to the Storm? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mrgregory29; 07-23-09 at 05:20 PM.
    07-23-09 04:34 PM
    To be honest with u coming from a storm to the tour I feel I have passed light years ahead of time and not gonna look back into a storm ever again ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:41 PM
    The Tour is a damn good phone but I think I want the touch screen back. I have about 4 friends who have the Storm and they love it.
    07-23-09 04:47 PM
    Anymore Storm to Tour people out there?
    07-23-09 05:21 PM
    Only thing i liked was the big screen that's it ..Other than that there was times i wanted to see how far i could possibly throw it
    07-23-09 05:27 PM
    i switched. i miss the big screen, i miss being able to click exactly where i wanted, like in the menu.
    and that's about it.

i love having a phone that works out of the box.
    i love being able to start typing someone's name from the keyboard, and all of the other shortcuts.
    on board device memory is so much more, my storm would have blown up had i downloaded all of these applications.

i wouldn't say i can type faster(yet), but that's bc i had a pearl before the storm and i liked sure type.

I wish the words would auto complete like they do in sure type. I'm a terrible speller and i loved that.

both have good and bad, but the tour is a better device. honestly i still may take my tour back, and see how the storm 2 fairs, or wait for the tour with wifi
    07-23-09 05:30 PM
    ..Other than that there was times i wanted to see how far i could possibly throw it
    LOL! And my friend just opted for the Storm instead of the Tour...hmmm.
    07-23-09 05:33 PM
    i switched. i miss the big screen, i miss being able to click exactly where i wanted, like in the menu.
    and that's about it.

i love having a phone that works out of the box.
    i love being able to start typing someone's name from the keyboard, and all of the other shortcuts.
    on board device memory is so much more, my storm would have blown up had i downloaded all of these applications.

i wouldn't say i can type faster(yet), but that's bc i had a pearl before the storm and i liked sure type.

I wish the words would auto complete like they do in sure type. I'm a terrible speller and i loved that.

both have good and bad, but the tour is a better device. honestly i still may take my tour back, and see how the storm 2 fairs, or wait for the tour with wifi
    That's one thing i've liked about the Tour. I've installed a buttload of apps on it and still have room my BB world would of shutdown if I tried to install half the apps I got on my Tour. How much less memory does the Storm have vs the Tour?
    07-23-09 05:35 PM
    Let me just say I gave my curve away to get the Storm when it came out. I really wanted to like the Storm. I made excuses for the lagging and battery drain(though it did improve with the latest update) I loved the big screen of the Storm, but found myself frustrating with the touch screen(like when I would end up not sending an email or text but instead saving a draft because I would hit the wrong button...then I would be pissed when there was no reply!). I hated having to pull up the keyboard, or swipe it away when I didnt want it...I also hated trying to navigate within messages with the touch screen..it just wasnt accurate enough or simple enough for me. Well, last week I gave my Storm to a one of my employees and headed down to the Verizon store to get my new Tour.

I love the tour! I do miss the large screen a little, but this BB is so much better in every other way. I found that I missed my trackball much more than I miss the larger Storm screen. I really love all the shortcuts I can now use with ease since I have a real keyboard at my fingertips.

Posner
    07-23-09 05:37 PM
    To each his own (you can see I have both). Completly different phones. Some people can't stand a touch screen keyboard and other love it, and that is the main difference (besides screen size). It is really unfair to even try to compare these handsets. It is all personal preference.
    07-23-09 05:37 PM
    I use both... and I love both of them in different ways... just preference.
    07-23-09 05:49 PM
    To each his own (you can see I have both). Completly different phones. Some people can't stand a touch screen keyboard and other love it, and that is the main difference (besides screen size). It is really unfair to even try to compare these handsets. It is all personal preference.
    Is there a drastic difference in the memory between the two?
    07-23-09 05:50 PM
    I got the storm now and have returned it 3x because of screen problems. im getting the tour sent to me and hoping it is better. not to sure about the small keyboard on the tour....
    07-23-09 05:56 PM
    Im really torn. I love the Tour but I want the touch screen of the Storm.
    07-23-09 06:03 PM
    Th tour has much much more memory than the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:06 PM
    storm has 1/2 the amount of application memory the tour has
    07-23-09 06:13 PM
    storm has 1/2 the amount of application memory the tour has
    See that's my only concern right now cause I like all the apps I have on my Tour now and and there's more I wanna add.
    07-23-09 06:32 PM
    Only thing i liked was the big screen that's it ..Other than that there was times i wanted to see how far i could possibly throw it
    This is exactly why lot of people still keep their Storm and why the same people will defend the crap out of it no matter what the facts are.

Even though the storm is buggy, slow, and annoying as **** some people just can't let go of the large screen size and touch screen wow factor. These people put appearance over function.

I don't even know why they are even that great.. the touch + clicking the screen is the stupidiest thing ever to put on a touch screen phone.. RIM should of done the touch application similar to iphone.

I'm sorry Blackberry Storm & LG Voyager owners.. iphone is still and will always be the best touch screen phone in the market.

Now you got the Tour where some people say its godly and others say its a great looking phone, nice screen resolution overal a decent upgrade from the 8330 Curve but having issues with the battery door, Bluetooth in their car, muffled sound for others when your talking, weak vibration, and laggy trackball movements.

I guess I'll wait for the Tour to be fixed of these issues or another phone that RIM releases in the near future.
    07-23-09 06:35 PM
    The Tour's hardware is almost 1-1 with the storm. Their appearances are practically 1-1 except for the QWERTY of the Tour. The navigation of the device and all the interfaces are practically 1-1. It comes down to this: physical keyboard while sacrificing any sort of media, browsing, and usage luxuries or no physical keyboard and all that a touch phone can offer you that no others can (yes, screen included). I am fully satisfied with my speed on the Storm - my software does not lag or glitch (Bell ftw) and I get to be treated to a big screen and touch navigation capabilities. Despite owning both, I definitely prefer my Storm (and I think my Tour will go as a gift to someone).
    07-23-09 06:52 PM
    Internally and software-wise, they are basically the same phone. The Tour has 256MB app memory vs. 128MB on the Storm. This one variance makes a world of difference. The Tour is so much more responsive than the Storm. As an owner of both, the only (and I mean only) thing I miss about the Storm is the larger screen size.

Both run OS 4.7. The Storm version (4.7.0.X) is designed for a touchscreen, the Tour version (4.7.1.X) is not. Personally, all of the shortcuts made possible by the physical QWERTY keyboard make the Tour much more efficient. I agree with someone's earlier post about the auto-correct feature of SureType on the Storm being handy. That's probably the only thing I dislike about the Tour.

I was going to hold on to both since I have a work account and a personal account with Verizon but I think I'll sell the Storm and put a dumbphone on one of the lines until the next new BB comes out.
    07-23-09 07:16 PM
    I never actually owned the storm, however one of my friends has one so i have had some use from it. The storm in my opinion was not that great of a phone, it was blackberry's first attempt at a touch screen device and for that they did pretty well. However, i am a tour owner and i love my tour, so far i have had no real problems with it (besides the screen ripples but that is barely a problem). Though i must say that the next gen. storm does look like blackberry might have gotten it right, but I'm sticking with the tour.
    07-23-09 07:32 PM
    Yes there is, my Storm runs around 37 - 41 and the Tour is alway over 100. But you know what? It doesn't matter I have every app I want on the Storm and it runs fine under OS .151. That being said, no doubt the Tour is faster just because of the physical keyboard alone.
    07-23-09 07:37 PM
    The Storm definately gets worked harder than the Tour does, since it has to process orientation and all that good stuff. It will most likely NEVER be as fast, but with new builds that come out, that gap closes every time.

If you get a Storm with a solid hardware build (some horror stories on here, they tend to be flaky and break...but then Blackberry isnt exactly synonymous with perfect hardware, see other forums for shining examples) and .151 or even 5.0.0.140 you can see where they really wanted to take the phone.

The shortcuts are STILL there for the Storm that many people love, all it takes is just a quick swipe from the bottom up to bring up that lovely keyboard and do whatever.

Its really to me all about preference. A screen with more possibilities and a gorgeous view, or a no BS qwerty keyboard built for speed.
    07-23-09 07:55 PM
    Aight I know alot of Storm users got the Tour when it came out. Before the Tour came out I really wanted the Storm but I was waiting on the Alltel/VZW merger to be completed. Well the Tour happened to come out the day the merger was complete. I think I may have got caught up in the hype on here about the launch of the Tour. I missed the touch screen. I had a Treo before I went to the BB World. My question is for the people who owned Storms, how did you like it and what do you like more about the Tour compared to the Storm? Thanks in advance.
    To me it was a nice improvement:
    1. OS much more stable, phone hasn't froze, timed out, or rest on its own yet.
    2. Much faster toggling from screen to screen, app to app.
    3. Physical keyboard makes a huge difference. Typing is much faster and significantly more accurate.
    4. Call quality is much louder and clearer.
    07-23-09 08:09 PM
    I haven't had any memory issues with my Tour.

@devildrifterx

While some of the shortcuts are still there, you still have one more step on the Storm (i.e. swipe up) but like you said, it's a personal preference.
    07-23-09 08:12 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD