I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers, but I was wondering if I should wait for the Pre. I played around with the Tour at the Verizon store and just wasn't all that impressed. For me, important is checking email, internet browser and keeping word documents so I can view them. Not impressed with the Tour browser (I know Bolt is there, but I still think the Pre one is better). I don't like either keyboard but I've never had a Qwerty and I know either one will take some getting used to. The only real con of the Pre I can find (from Precentral and from my buddy with a Pre) is the battery life. I just want some opinions...not interested in starting a war.
    07-12-09 10:35 PM
    I had a Pre for almost a month. There are some real show-stoppers besides battery life.

Two fatal flaws: Almost all of the Pre screens have backlight bleed and yellow spots as well as dead pixels; They get so hot when they're charging that you will actually burn yourself if you touch them.

As for the keyboard... I can honestly tell you that it is NOT comfortable to use that keyboard. Not only are the keys tiny but you feel like you're going to break the slider mechanism when you're typing and you inevitably have to hold the "mirror" beneath the screen.

It doesn't have anywhere near the call quality of the BlackBerry family, nor does it hold a signal as well.

The browser is phenomenally fast BUT it has a well known issue of stopping in the middle of loading a page. The only way to fix it is to close the browser and re-open it. Its obnoxious.

It also is built very cheaply. Everything about it screams "Toys'R'Us" to me. I wouldn't recommend it if you ever drop your phone. Especially since the capacitive touch screen is protected with PLASTIC.

Also, another complaint about the screen. There is currently no way to calibrate it. It seems a little bit off. Like you'll go to hit a text box and it will hit the link below it. This is annoying as you have to pinch zoom even further in and its just another extra stop.

Oh and if you need copy/paste. Good luck. It does NOT work as advertised. Its ridiculously easy on the BlackBerry but you can't copy/paste any text that isn't in a text box unlike the blackberry where you can select anything.
    07-12-09 10:54 PM
    Look at the 99+ bugs and counting thread which is stickied at precentral
    07-12-09 11:25 PM
    Like I predicted, racing engine in a Yugo chassis on the Pre. Tour is a no-brainer, especially with Skyfire in development.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 11:38 PM
    I can't wait for Skyfire. I miss it so much. When I broke my Curve and had to go back to my Mogul, I was almost tempted to keep using it because of Skyfire.
    07-12-09 11:41 PM
    Look at the 99+ bugs and counting thread which is stickied at precentral
    Sounds like there're quite a few bugs with the Tour also...

Thanks for all the help
    07-13-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD