View Poll Results: Which device do you prefer?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tour

53 53.54%
  • Onyx

46 46.46%
    So how does everyone feel about this match-up? I don't want to start a WiFi war, so let's keep this purely physical. In my opinion, the keyboard of the Onyx is really turning me off. I might change my mind in person, but from these pictures it just seems very cramped, close to the edges, and just plain fugly. Other than that, the device seems like a no-brainer for all you lucky GSM users.

05-24-09 01:13 PM
    I never noticed it before, but the chrome trim around the 9630 looks really tacky....
    05-24-09 01:19 PM
    they look almost the same, but the Tour to me stand out just a hair more due to its size. I think even with the Onyx having WIFI that if Verizon takes the phone, I doubt verizon will tolerate having wifi on the phone. They never have tolerated wifi on a phone, why should they now?

but the phones look nice though, but we need as much room as we can on a keyboard to type, so the Onyx lost me in that catagory, even with thew buttons 1mm smaller then the Tours, I need that extra 1mm per key added on like the tour (my fingers aren't the smallest) Also the chrome on the 9630 tour is a verey nice touch. Just like on the storms, it gives the phone a lot more looks
    05-24-09 01:23 PM
    I personally love the chrome.... Also I like the chrome side buttons, and the ones on the Onyx look like they are made of rubber. So my vote goes to the Tour. I like the keyboard look of the Tour, just more spread out and roomy.
    05-24-09 01:30 PM
    I prefer the Onyx to the 9630. The pictures do not do those beveled edges justice. Not in the least. Also, it will look a little different when it goes to market.
    Spec wise the Onyx edges out the 9630 and I'm not talking about Wifi. Both will be great devices at launch so it's hard to go wrong.
    05-24-09 01:42 PM
    I prefer the Onyx to the 9630. The pictures do not do those beveled edges justice. Not in the least. Also, it will look a little different when it goes to market.
    Spec wise the Onyx edges out the 9630 and I'm not talking about Wifi. Both will be great devices at launch so it's hard to go wrong.

do we even know what Carrier is going to sell this phone?
    05-24-09 01:45 PM
    do we even know what Carrier is going to sell this phone?
    Yes. As stated in the BlackBerry Onyx Review AT&T and Rogers at a minimum.
    05-24-09 01:50 PM
    Yes. As stated in the BlackBerry Onyx Review AT&T and Rogers at a minimum.
    that explains why the phone has WIFI. I doubt verizon would get this phone.
    05-24-09 01:52 PM
    It wouldn't make sense for Verizon to carry this phone anyway. Both the Tour and Onyx are so comparable that the competition between them wouldn't make sense on the same carrier. Plus, if GSM carriers won't be getting this device until late Fall, then theoretically you wouldn't see this on Verizon for AT LEAST a year from now, and by that time new and better devices will be coming out of the pipeline.
    05-24-09 02:07 PM
    Verizon is CDMA, Onyx is GSM, so Verizon couldn't get this phone anyway. But Verizon has a few devices coming.
    05-24-09 02:14 PM
    I never noticed it before, but the chrome trim around the 9630 looks really tacky....
    That's interesting, because I really like the silver finish on the sides.
    05-24-09 02:15 PM
    Same keyboards from my perspective. The chrome bezel on the 9630 is what makes it look more spaced out.

My vote = Onyx
    05-24-09 02:19 PM
    Agreed. Maybe it will look a lot better blacked out.
    05-24-09 02:20 PM
    Remember that the Tour might be released with the black chrome bezel instead of the silver.
    05-24-09 02:28 PM
    I like the lines on the tour (and 8900) better, but I like the rubberized strip and gun metal on the onyx better. The beveled edges are nice too. Also the keyboard on the tour is slightly bigger which is a plus for me.

I'm wishing for a tour with wifi instead of gsm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 02:41 PM
    Remember that the Tour might be released with the black chrome bezel instead of the silver.
    Really? I kind of like the Tour more because of the chrome. The Onyx looks kind of like the "homeless" version of the Tour. The Tour just looks more business-oriented and professional. The Onyx has rubber covered buttons for Gods-sake lol Thanks but no thanks, Tour for me. I would, however, love for the Tour to have the specs of the Onyx. But looks-wise, Tour wins.
    05-24-09 02:43 PM
    Really? I kind of like the Tour more because of the chrome. The Onyx looks kind of like the "homeless" version of the Tour. The Tour just looks more business-oriented and professional. The Onyx has rubber covered buttons for Gods-sake lol Thanks but no thanks, Tour for me. I would, however, love for the Tour to have the specs of the Onyx. But looks-wise, Tour wins.
    Ok, I don't want to ever hear of you getting the Storm 2 then!! It has rubber buttons as well.
    05-24-09 02:45 PM
    That would be nice.

05-24-09 02:45 PM
    Well to me its all about specs and power so the onyx pwns the tour looks are subjective. Wifi, faster than even the bold!! Gsm pwns cdma once again. Sorry but its true

05-24-09 03:18 PM
    i hope so i don't really like the silver bezel at all it reeks iphone
    05-24-09 04:05 PM
    Ok, I don't want to ever hear of you getting the Storm 2 then!! It has rubber buttons as well.
    Don't worry, I won't be going near the Storm 2. RIM just can't do touchscreen. (Wait for rebuttal from CX )
    05-24-09 04:06 PM
    Hi guys, this is my first post on crackberry

honestly,i think BOTH of them are AWESOME...each phone has its own cons and pros.... i guess well never know until we try both of them. i know ill end up buying them both (here's to hoping the BlackBerry Tour released next month in The UAE )

05-24-09 04:22 PM
    Let's face it the storm is a waste. If you want an all touch screen phone iphone owns all right now. If you want a blackberry wait on the tour for cdma, get a bold if your on gsm, and if you have a Bold wait for the onyx..

05-24-09 04:57 PM
    The Onyx has rubber covered buttons for Gods-sake lol Thanks but no thanks, Tour for me. I would, however, love for the Tour to have the specs of the Onyx. But looks-wise, Tour wins.
    i believe all the new blackberrys will have similar styling, no more black and chrome.
    05-24-09 05:08 PM
    I wish the oynx was CDMA
    05-24-09 05:10 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD