Hey has anyone else had this problem, not being able to zoom in or out while recording a video? If I want to zoom in I have to do it before I begin recording or I have to pause the video and zoom in and then start recording. Any solutions to this? Seems like a weird problem/annoyance that this is occurring. Anyone know how to fix the problem?
    07-16-09 01:37 AM
    Well I don't have the tour yet ( delivery this afternoon)..but with the storm is the same way. ( I dont think its a bug)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:00 AM
    this isn't a problem this is kind of the way it is...

you have to remember this is still just a mobile phone...

recording a video takes quite a bit of the processing power they may include it later with a os tweek but because it never showed on the storm I doubt it..
    07-16-09 04:05 AM
    Quite a few of digital cameras are unable to zoom, especially optically, while recording. I assume it has to do with focusing on the fly.
    07-16-09 07:27 AM
    Can't zoom while recording video with my Canon SD1000 either. And that isn't even a phone!
    07-16-09 07:38 AM
    For this problem I would invest in a FlipVideo. Captures quality videos for up to an hour, and you can upload videos directly to YouTube, since phones haven't been able to zoom in for videos that I know of.

07-16-09 07:42 AM
    Wife's digital camera does not zoom in video mode either. I know a digital camcorder does though. I guess if you want the feature, best to pick up a dedicated camcorder.
    07-16-09 07:43 AM
    Yeah I came from a dumbphone (env2) which had the ability to zoom in while I was recording a video so I was a bit shocked that bb didn't have this feature. Oh well I love the phone anyway
    07-16-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD