So like many of you out there, I was able to return my Storm for a more functional, error free blackberry- the Tour...however, one thing that is constantly bugging me is the vibration function.

I usually keep my phone on vibrate because it is more appropriate for both my work life and social life- however, I only want my phone to vibrate once for any new message I receive instead of twice as it currently is. I have gone into options -> ringer/tone many times, set it to custom and moved it down to vibrate once for all alerts however the phone continues to vibrate twice for every message. When i test it, it will vibrate once but that is not the case when an actual message/alert comes in.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have done many battery pulls, resets, saves etc and nothing seem to be working? I know this is simple but it has turned into quite the pet peeve. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!
    07-19-09 03:08 PM
    So like many of you out there, I was able to return my Storm for a more functional, error free blackberry- the Tour...however, one thing that is constantly bugging me is the vibration function.

I usually keep my phone on vibrate because it is more appropriate for both my work life and social life- however, I only want my phone to vibrate once for any new message I receive instead of twice as it currently is. I have gone into options -> ringer/tone many times, set it to custom and moved it down to vibrate once for all alerts however the phone continues to vibrate twice for every message. When i test it, it will vibrate once but that is not the case when an actual message/alert comes in.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have done many battery pulls, resets, saves etc and nothing seem to be working? I know this is simple but it has turned into quite the pet peeve. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

this is a issue I have as well..

it seems as this is the default setting for vibrate only and can't be changed...

maybe a update will fix it however I am not sure..

the storm did not do this.

I am unsure why the tour does but it hasn't bothered me much
    07-19-09 03:10 PM
    I wish I could say the same- at least for not bothering me! and yes hopefully an updated OS will fix this- thanks for the insight!
    07-19-09 03:25 PM
    Create a custom Vibrate profile or edit the Ring Tones/Alert to 1 vibrate. Then choose the Normal Sound profile.

I'm guessing you're using the built in Vibrate profile. This profile overrides to a preset style based on what your Ring Tones/Alerts are set at.
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    anyway to delete the built in sound profiles and make everything custom?
    07-21-09 04:27 PM
    My only problem with the vibrate is the strength of it. I would pay $10 or more for an app that would somehow make the vibrate stronger.
    07-21-09 04:58 PM
    I go to profiles, set ring tones/alerts, change to 1 vibration, and it vibrates once. I especially like that I can change the length of that vibration to really short.
    07-21-09 05:03 PM
    i too would buy an app that would make the vibration stronger. can barely feel the thing lying on my bed. hope software fixes this. hope u are able to figure ur problem out. would hate to have that problem
    07-21-09 09:34 PM
    The vibrate on my tour is unacceptable weak as well. I went to return it this past weekend. I tested 5 display models in a vzw store and kiosk (3 and 2), and all vibrates were comparable to my tour. I can't feel it in my pocket, and have missed calls and alerts as a result. I am not sure if this is something they can fix with a software update; lets hope so though. For me its a pretty huge flaw in an otherwise outstanding device. I still prefer this over my 8330, despite the fact that my 8330's vibrate is 10x stronger.
    07-21-09 10:21 PM
    I just hope that this can be fixed by software and it isn't an inherant hardware issue
    07-21-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD