I have had multiple issues with my Tour. I have had it for 4 months and already Verizon is sending me a 3rd replacement. It has not been trackball issues, but OS and other issues. Issues such as unable to leave apps after getting into them, BBM sound not working, No sound on phone at all, and the list goes on. I requested a different BB and was told I could not do that because it messes up their inventory. It has been Customer Service via phone I have dealt with. The closest Verizon store to me is 90 miles away. Oh I wish Alltel was still here. But it's all Verizon here and it sucks big time!!!!
    08-25-10 01:12 PM
    Post what OS is on the phone and maybe people might be able to help you with that.

As for BBM sound not working did you go into the sounds profiles and change the sound that goes with BBM and then test it out? Just a suggestion. If it's a software problem you could always try to install an OS version that might work better with the phone.
    08-25-10 01:16 PM
    I imagine it should be 732 that VZW has been installing on their refurbs. That's what my latest refurb had on it, although for some reason I had to wipe and reinstall since after a battery pull it wouldn't boot up. After the wipe and reinstall it seems better.

My old one had the sound problem with the external speaker (and a wipe did nothing to correct it), but more importantly, it had poor signal and an occasional random reboot.

If this one has to go back, you might want to be a little more insistent on being allowed to switch to something else...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 01:20 PM
    Threatening to cancel your account often gets customer service in a hissy, meaning they could be more obliged to allow you a different model as long as the retail price is the same.
    10-19-10 09:45 AM
    They just came out with the .975 for the tour and bold, I would recommend when you get a chance to update the phones os to that as I have found it is a really good build. If the problems still persist then I would try and get the bold.
    10-19-10 09:49 AM
    I'm on my 3rd tour, I thought the OS upgrade would help the "Voice command prompt headophone jack and volume issues but it didnt. and now my phone seems to have lag. especially noticed it while listening to MP3s with headphones. press vol down... wait vol goes down then i see the volume meter graphic.. then i see it go down. and the music player pauses itself. major issues with .975 so far.

but my speaker blew on a phone call on the normal setting already so I should take it back. the refurbs are hunks of ****.
    10-19-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD